Head of Human Resources, Nordics
We are looking for a Head of Human Resources to be responsible for the Nordic region on a permanent basis in the Stockholm Head office.
About the Walt Disney Company Nordics:
The Walt Disney Company has been actively present with a local organisation in the Nordic region since the beginning of the 1990s. Today, around 200 people work in the regional headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Oslo, Copenhagen and Helsinki - also representing the Company in Iceland and the Baltic counties - across all five global business segments: Studio Entertainment, media Networks, Disney Consumer products, Parks and Resorts and Disney Interactive Media Group.
The company's first product launch in the Nordics was a Mickey Mouse book series published in Denmark in the early 1930s. In 1948, came a major corporate milestone in the Nordics as the Donald Duck magazine was introduced. It became a huge success, even today remaining key to the local business and brand affinity across the region.
This role will work closely with the Country Manager as a strategic HR business partner and will be a key member of the Nordic Leadership team.
- Work closely with Country Manager as strategic HR business partner, supporting directly the local businesses in day-to-day HR operations and transactions of the employee life cycle
- Be part of the Nordic Leadership team and representation of corporate HR with the local businesses
- Work closely with Management to support the profitable growth of the business & the implementation of organisation strategies
- Ensure legal and statutory obligations are fulfilled in the countries, including labour law
- Implement global, regional and sub-regional HR initiatives in the region, proposing appropriate changes and means of delivery to fit local culture and legislation in partnership with the local and/or regional specialists when appropriate ensuring compliance with Disney internal procedures
- Provide advice and counsel to Leaders relating to organizational design and structure and talent requirements.
- Develop objectives for each fiscal year for the Nordic countries relating to local HR Operations, taking into account local business context and regional HR objectives
- Be the 1st point of contact for local businesses for all HR questions and projects, e.g. being the primary “voice of HR” for all businesses locally
- Lead the implementation and management of the local HR operation structure (e.g. appropriate account management), ensuring it delivers the agreed objectives, responds to business needs with agreed standards, evolves appropriately. Measures its performance and proposes appropriate changes if necessary.
- Be responsible for all events of the employee life cycle, involving appropriately other members of HR (regional or local team)
- Lead recruitment at all levels, including vacancies, inputting to job specifications, writing job specifications and making job offers
- Drive performance management, advising line managers on performance, including legal disciplinary processes, provision of management information, attending discussions if appropriate and carrying out dismissals
- Represent the Company in appropriate local HR related external groups
- Extensive and successful track record in Human Resources, preferably within an international organisation
- Proven experience of working with, and advising senior management
- Strong personality that can handle ambiguity with the right mix of diplomacy and assertiveness
- Ability to operate successfully within the complexity of an international organization
- Excellent command of English essential; another Nordic language, preferably Danish, would be a plus
- University Degree
- Ability to present in English
- Strong communicator and team player
Experience a wealth of opportunities to work with and learn about other businesses in an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and team spirit. We bring together teams from diverse backgrounds and cultures to help create experiences that have mass appeal across all ages.
Please apply now to be considered.
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted
We welcome your comments and questions about this Head of Human Resources, Nordics opportunity at Disney.