Senior Manager, APAC Regional Treasury Centre
The Treasury organization is comprised of a Corporate Treasury Team located at the Headquarters’ of The Walt Disney Company in Burbank, California, and two existing Regional Treasury Centers (one in London, UK, covering the EMEA market and one in Buenos Aires, Argentina, supporting LATAM). Treasury supports all business segments globally and has the following functional areas – Corporate Finance, International Treasury, Global Cash Management, Enterprise Consumer payments, Pension & Investments, and Decision Support. Treasury is responsible for increasing shareholders value through the execution of innovative financial solutions and opportunistic funding in the global financial markets; providing adequate and stable liquidity to support company’s short and long term needs; reducing the Company’s earnings volatility associated with movements in foreign currency rates and interest rates; supporting all businesses with required banking services and credit card processing while maintaining adequate controls over the company assets, minimizing cost and optimizing interest. The APAC RTC in Singapore will complete the global Treasury organization and provide well needed centralized regional support for the APAC market. ResponsibilitiesThe APAC Regional Treasury Senior Manager will be the most senior position at the APAC RTC with two to three direct reports. The APAC Regional Treasury Senior Manager will be responsible for all Treasury related activities for Disney’s wholly owned entities in the region, and report directly to the Corporate Treasury Team in Burbank, California, with a dotted line to TWDC Singapore CFO. In that capacity, the Senior Manager will work closely with Corporate Treasury risk, liquidity and cash management teams, and regional and local leaders to manage APAC liquidity, investment and banking activities. Specifically, the Senior Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Provide effective leadership and guidance to ensure various day-to-day functions and strategic initiatives of the team operate in a unified and efficient manner, meeting or exceeding objectives
- Lead and execute liquidity strategies to ensure an efficient use of the region’s cash, including coordinating with Treasury, Tax and regional leadership.
- Provide oversight of APAC region’s cash positioning to ensure adequate liquidity for daily working capital needs, including coordination with regional staff. Execute and oversee the execution of treasury and one-off payments.
- Manage a portfolio of external and internal loans and ensure compliance with loan covenants.
- Manage APAC cash forecasting and netting processes while coordinating with local controllers and Treasury.
- Oversee APAC region’s bank accounts, signatories and online banking platforms and ensure appropriate controls are in place to protect Company’s monetary assets and prevent fraud.
- Lead best-in-class, region-wide initiatives like Bank Request for Proposal, system implementations and upgrades, and process improvements.
- Set strategy for supporting local teams with ongoing business requirements and implementation of cash management solutions that offer potential cost or efficiency improvements.
- Responsible for APAC region’s adherence to and compliance with global policies and procedures and regional banking regulations.
- Invest excess cash in bank deposits and/or Money Market funds
- Manage RTC’s relationship with Singapore Economic Development Board and ensure compliance with EDB requirements and local government regulations.
- Oversee cash management banking relationships, negotiation of bank agreements and documentation, ensuring the region is receiving a robust product offering, the provision of excellent customer service, and a competitive fee structure, while looking for business opportunities to support our relationship banks.
- Lead and motivate a professional staff of 3 to further their development and effectively utilize their capabilities, including team building, training, and performance management.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required
- Five or more years of treasury/cash management related experience in a multinational company or a bank with total of 7 – 10+ years of total experience in a financial related field
- Three or more years of management experience, leading a team of at least 2 individuals
- Consistent track record of building strong internal and external business relationships
- Strong ability to identify and communicate strategies, issues, and action plans to Treasury, regional and local leadership teams and other internal and external partners
- Track record of setting challenging goals and holding him/herself and others on the team accountable to those goals in order to deliver results
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload to ensure appropriate controls while driving forward strategic initiatives
At Disney, having a diverse workforce is critical to our business. We welcome a variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives to ensure we continue to top our own performance and represent our global marketplace. When our people reflect the communities we serve, it enhances the way we connect to our guests, audiences and consumers. Together, we work toward an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and camaraderie across all of our companies.
Company Overview For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Company has been the preeminent name in the field of family entertainment and the Disney name has symbolized creativity, innovation, trust, decency, optimism and quality. It is also the world's biggest family entertainment company powered by the biggest brands in storytelling: Disney, Pixar, Marvel, ABC, ESPN and Lucasfilm. Together with our subsidiaries and affiliates, Disney is a global entertaining company with four business segments: Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, and Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media. Disney’s international business is a significant contributor to the company’s financial success and its growth has been a key strategic priority. The company has been present in the Asia Pacific since the 1930’s when the animated feature Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs first delighted audiences in Mainland China, and has since opened offices in key markets including Australia, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and the Philippines, employing nearly 8,000 Cast Members. In order to meet the growing business needs in the Asia Pacific region (APAC) the company has decided to establish a Regional Treasury Center (RTC) in Singapore. The APAC RTC will report directly to Corporate Treasury with a dotted line to TWDC Singapore CFO
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
We welcome your comments and questions about this Senior Manager, APAC Regional Treasury Centre opportunity at Disney.