Analyst, APAC Regional Treasury Centre
The Treasury organization is comprised of a Corporate Treasury Team located at the Headquarters’ of The Walt Disney Company in Burbank, California, and two existing Regional Treasury Centers (one in London, UK, covering the EMEA market and one in Buenos Aires, Argentina, supporting LATAM). Treasury supports all business segments globally and has the following functional areas – Corporate Finance, International Treasury, Global Cash Management, Enterprise Consumer payments, Pension & Investments, and Decision Support. Treasury is responsible for increasing shareholders value through the execution of innovative financial solutions and opportunistic funding in the global financial markets; providing adequate and stable liquidity to support company’s short and long term needs; reducing the Company’s earnings volatility associated with movements in foreign currency rates and interest rates; supporting all businesses with required banking services and credit card processing while maintaining adequate controls over the company assets, minimizing cost and optimizing interest. The APAC RTC in Singapore will complete the global Treasury organization and provide well needed centralized regional support for the APAC market. ResponsibilitiesThe APAC Regional Treasury Analyst will contribute to all Treasury related activities in the region and work under the supervision of the Senior Manager of the group. Specifically, the Analyst will be responsible for the following activities:
- Execute cash positioning for the region to ensure adequate liquidity for daily working capital needs and process treasury and one-off payments.
- Responsible for opening, maintaining and tracking bank accounts, services and signatories for the region and ensuring appropriate controls are in place to protect Company’s monetary assets and prevent fraud.
- Responsible for administering online banking systems, executing user and entitlement reviews and ensuring proper dual control is in place to prevent fraud.
- Contribute to region-wide initiatives like Bank RFPs, system implementations and upgrades, liquidity structures.
- Support internal business partners with implementation of treasury services and implementation of process improvements.
- Executes various treasury tasks such as issuance of bank guarantees, support for a loan portfolio and others while working closely with peers, supervisor, Treasury and regional teams.
- Prepare reports to track status of controls to ensure the region adheres to and complies with global policies and procedures and local regulations.
- Support banking relationship management with bank fee and service analysis, agreements tracking, issue management and escalations.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required
- Two or more years of treasury/cash management related experience in a multinational company or a bank
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Treasury Workstations and various online banking systems and SWIFT (preferred).
At Disney, having a diverse workforce is critical to our business. We welcome a variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives to ensure we continue to top our own performance and represent our global marketplace. When our people reflect the communities we serve, it enhances the way we connect to our guests, audiences and consumers. Together, we work toward an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and camaraderie across all of our companies.
#LI-RH1 Company Overview For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Company has been the preeminent name in the field of family entertainment and the Disney name has symbolized creativity, innovation, trust, decency, optimism and quality. It is also the world's biggest family entertainment company powered by the biggest brands in storytelling: Disney, Pixar, Marvel, ABC, ESPN and Lucasfilm. Together with our subsidiaries and affiliates, Disney is a global entertaining company with four business segments: Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, and Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media. Disney’s international business is a significant contributor to the company’s financial success and its growth has been a key strategic priority. The company has been present in the Asia Pacific since the 1930’s when the animated feature Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs first delighted audiences in Mainland China, and has since opened offices in key markets including Australia, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and the Philippines, employing nearly 8,000 Cast Members. In order to meet the growing business needs in the Asia Pacific region (APAC) the company has decided to establish a Regional Treasury Center (RTC) in Singapore. The APAC RTC will report directly to Corporate Treasury with a dotted line to TWDC Singapore CFO.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
We welcome your comments and questions about this Analyst, APAC Regional Treasury Centre opportunity at Disney.