Marketing Manager, South Region
The Marketing Manager will support the Studio Marketing Director in developing and implementing marketing and advertising plans to promote Studio’s theatrical releases. As well as provide Marketing support for these films’ eventual releases on home video and digital distribution.
The principal role of the Marketing Manager is to develop the right marketing strategy and materials for our titles in China and coordinate/implement advertising campaigns in support of these releases. This requires working closely with agencies and vendors, as well as Disney Business Units and other corporate functions, while constantly keeping abreast of the market landscape, trends, and development.
- Lead the development of marketing materials (print and av) for our titles in south region.
- Lead planning and oversee the execution of above the line advertising for our releases in south region.
- Day-to-day management and coordination with agencies and vendors to ensure timely and satisfactory delivery of work.
- Manage regional marketing budget set for every title
- Work closely with other internal divisions to ensure the studio marketing plan is communicated and compliments other LOB’s plans to ensure a company-wide holistic plan. Prepare presentations to management team, Business Units, or other functional teams as required.
- Develops a working relationship with Sales/Trade Relations Team and key exhibitors to maximize in-theatre and local area marketing opportunities
- PR and on-ground events support:
- Offline event planning and execution (mall exhibits, talent tours, media screenings, etc) with the focus on how to leverage media resources to maximize the awareness.
- Support Promotions function with sponsorship pitch
- Minimum 5 years work experience in Marketing for leading multi-national company, 4A ad agency or entertainment related company
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and implement marketing programs including TVC development, point-of-sale promotion, online activation as well as ability in media planning, research and execution. A big edge will be given to candidate with strong digital marketing background.
- An organized, self-motivated manager with an eye for details who is able to successfully implement multiple initiatives, run multiple tasks simultaneously and drive results for the project. The candidate must be a team player and is able to work with internal and external partners seamlessly. The successful candidate must be an avid movie fan. He/she is expected to possess the following qualities:
- Strong planning and execution skills; experience in handling, planning and overseeing the execution of media plans.
- Communication skills: persuasive, passionate and effective skills in getting point across written and spoken forms.
- Problem solving skills: able to identify and resolve issues independently and communicate solutions effectively
- Analytical skills: able to provide sound recommendations based on good understanding of the media and general business environment.
- Professionalism and integrity, a team player who can perform well under pressure
- Genuine passion for the film industry and marketing field work: candidate must be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and go above and beyond the call of duty when the job calls for it.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin; Cantonese a plus not a must.
- Well developed computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.; Mac knowledge a plus not a must)
- Bachelor’s degree in a leading university, local or foreign…Marketing/Advertising Management or Film Related degree a plus but not a must.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
We welcome your comments and questions about this Marketing Manager, South Region opportunity at Disney.