Director, Internal Communications
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, featuring six lands, as well as two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to develop this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape
- Develop a comprehensive internal communications strategies and ensure that all strategies are integrated with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts partners, including Operations, Marketing, Human Resources and etc.
- Partner across the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts segment as well as with external organizations to understand best practices and cutting edge technology.
- Ensure the communications strategy meet the needs of the Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Member (employees), and remains relevant to the changing dynamics of how people and organizations communicate.
- Understand proper application and guidelines for the use of nomenclature, grammar, graphics and the product/name to ensure all communication pieces reflect Legal and Labor Relations guidelines.
- Responsible for developing and meeting budgets for the Internal Communications department.
- Lead and develop a team of talented individuals who support the implementation of the Internal Communications plan, which includes, but is not limited to the day-to-day operation (Chinese and English language writing, editing, distributing) as well as measuring targeted communications.
- Act as a subject matter expert/consultant for Operations leadership by assisting in the strategy of communication campaigns.
- Maintain strong working relationships with leaders across the Resort.
- BA/BS Communications, Marketing, Liberal Arts
- 10+ years experience in Corporate Internal Communications, Corporate External Communications or Marketing, preferably in a leadership capacity
- Knowledge of Disney, including Park operations, policies and procedures
- •Proven ability to develop strategies and lead a team to implement communication strategies and plans
- Proven ability to identify and deliver key messages to general and targeted audiences, in both Chinese and English
- Proven strong client/negotiation skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability
- Proven problem solving and conflict management skills
- Proven process improvement/continuous improvement skills
- Proven Project management skills
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines
- Strong presentation, writing and communication skills, in Chinese and English
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multicultural environment
- Proven ability to identify and develop a talented team
- Perform responsibilities with no supervision
- Strong Computer Skills, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Chinese social media platforms