Manager - Fashion
- Spearhead the apparel category strategy, development and growth plan for Disney in India.
- Work actively with existing licensees and retailers on every operational aspect of the business
- Assist in implementing developing and achieving yearly revenue budget for the category.
- Ensure licensees have full understanding and are complying with Disney’s business and quality standards.
- Will report into the Head of Fashion & Retail.
Note: The role will have a special focus on building the kids apparel business with key retailers
- Strategic Management
- Develop local market category plan in line with global & regional category strategies & plans.
- Undertake market analysis to monitor industry trends, regulations, sub-categories performance and retail channels, and determine Disney’s segment share.
- Determine category key drivers (product, price, and retail channel) for the LOB to expand presence consistent with local demographic and retailer needs.
- Contribute to regional / global discussion of the category on behalf of the local market.
- Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue budget (wholesale sales and royalty revenue) for respective set of licensees.
- Work very closely with Key licensees & Retailers across all aspects of distribution, promotions, pricing, product development, and sourcing.
- Identify & contact new licensees instrumental in the development of the category (including global and regional licensees).
- Secure geographical expansion throughout the country. Focus on the key cities
- Update forecast on a monthly basis (Excel spreadsheets for renewal, new, gap with status update).
- Drive Contract Renewals consistent with Category Plans and strategies.
- Coordinate with DCP Compliance Group to ensure licensees comply with Disney’s labor standards.
- Ensure licensees’ thorough understanding and compliance of Disney’s contract, terms and conditions.
- Identify and develop manufacturing centers of excellence (global and regional). Share information and sources from other regions
- Product Development
- Direct product development with Product Development team consistent with category plan and ongoing product quality improvement program. Should have a good perspective on fashion trends and consumer preferences.
- Administer and coordinate licensee’s product / artwork approvals with Product Development team.
- Coordinate with other regional LOB head on product development matters e.g. event days, promotion value, new guide book release, etc.
- Work closely with licensees on their category assortment plans.
- Responsible for the Revenue forecast for a set of licensees.
- Provide forecast of the category on monthly basis (revenue grading).
- Responsible for collection past due accounts receivable.
- Responsible for the administration and execution of the contract.
- Work with key retail account buyers to manage Disney’s product range and presence at retail. Seek for opportunity for direct to retail.
- Work with buyers from key retail accounts to develop business opportunities, managing product sourcing, mix / range, pricing and new programs specific to each retailer’s shopping profile.
- Act as communication link between Disney and licensees and retail buyers.
- Conduct key retail accounts performance review and marketing update (quarterly).
- Identify signage and merchandising needs to respective Regional Category Head.
Basic QualificationsEducation & Training
- University graduate, preferably Marketing or Business Commerce.
- MBA or NIFT graduate preferable
- 6 - 10 years working experience either in a category management role, or in fashion industry in sales or merchandising. Ideally in a multinational environment
- Industry : Fashion, FMCG (Category Management), Consulting (Consumer Products/Retail)
Additional InformationPersonal Attributes
- Entrepreneurial, passionate and ambitious.
- Lateral thinker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Retail and category knowledge will be an advantage.
- Good ability to work within a team.
- Good analytical skills and understanding of business and financial concepts.
- Committed to excellence.
Other requisites, languages
- Fluency in English and local language
- Hands on experience on PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Domestic Travel across the country will be frequent
- Ability to interact with and understand kids + tween likes and dislikes in multi-cultural environment
We welcome your comments and questions about this Manager - Fashion opportunity at Disney.