Assistant Manager - Disney Media Distribution, Studios
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To manage and contribute to the revenue of DMD India business (across English & local content). The role involves finding new clients, managing revenue and servicing of DMD clients across Pay & Digital we work with. The person will be responsible for growth of revenue and finding new business opportunities for the syndication business as well as planning and windowing of availability of content across platforms
ResponsibilitiesAreas of Responsibility:
- Maximize revenue and explore new business opportunities for the DMD business
- Build and manage client relationships with output partners, key clients and maximize business opportunities. Work on the overall strategy of the business as well as planning on all new deals/deal renewals
- Negotiate legal contracts on the best possible terms for the company with a keen understanding of client goals, target audiences, budgets, market landscape and competitive understanding
- Effectively managing planning, tracking, marketing, reporting, payments, deliverable and servicing of all deals
- Find new opportunities and negotiate deals based on a strong understanding of client goals, target audiences, budgets, market landscape and competitive understanding
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to launch our content successfully on pay & digital platforms. Track and deliver measurable results
- Work closely with global teams at Disney and liaise with internal stakeholders – Finance, Legal, Distribution and Marketing
- Forecast revenues and work with the team on overall AOP and 5Y planning
- Scan the overall environment and market to spot future trends to help the team plan ahead. Analyse the digital industry and provide on-going strategic recommendations.
- Keep current on new media opportunities/tools/trends/competitive landscape for the business
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Passionate about the media & digital industry
- A keen eye for detail
- Creative thinking
- 5+ years of content licensing/media sales/content acquisition background as well as traditional/new media expertise. media/digital sales, traditional media expertise.