Social Media Manager, The Walt Disney Company EMEA
The Social Media Manager, EMEA plays a key support role in implementing the TWDC’s ‘One Voice, One Vision’ approach across all digital marketing activities throughout EMEA.
The role will work with the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, EMEA, to create high quality, digital experiences for individual audiences. These experiences will address constantly changing consumer expectations, drive brand loyalty through engaging content, and guide consumers along the path to purchase.
The core contribution of this role is to deliver best in class social media strategies that support our franchise portfolios in meeting (and exceeding) established business objectives - including the right mix of both paid and organic reach recommendations that are fully integrated within the overall channel mix (digital, search and email).
Primary responsibilities of the role are:
Manage KPIs that will drive both acquisition and retention growth for our Franchise businesses, year on year
Plan & oversee the local implementation of social strategies driving business objectives for our franchise portfolios in a collaborative manner ensuring both EMEA and territory requirements are met
Integrate & align social opportunities across the business (e.g. Studio, Channel, Media & Ad Sales, Retail) that deepen audience engagement with Disney and ultimately meet (and exceed) required business objectives, KPIs and ROI – leveraging digital partnership & monetisation opportunities wherever possible
Drive a consumer first approach and manage the creation/sourcing for relevant social media content (editorial, photos, videos, etc...) including creative supervision and guidance for new content creation, as required
Develop performance reports that get distributed to regional and local stakeholders on all cross-company projects and initiatives
Drive & apply the learnings and insights from past projects and initiatives into new/ongoing activities – constantly optimizing, testing and learning.
Develop partner relationships to get the most out of the platforms and new initiatives
Develop agency relationships and processes from brief to implementation/execution, as needed
Budget management of social marketing spend
Raise the profile of social expertise and help educate other Disney businesses in this area, through best practice guidelines and regular updates of new initiatives and developments in the social space
- Extensive, proven work experience in social media marketing departments (client and/or agency)
- Interested in all aspects of digital (products, platforms, search, technology, etc)
- Ability to read your audience, adapt quickly, manage stakeholder needs across a complex matrix organisation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Resourceful and pro-active – resolve conflict & looks for solutions and information in creative ways
- Motivational, inspirational, team player
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Adaptable and flexible (with working hours, travel, getting things done) – a problem solver
- Interested in trends, new initiatives, and keeping up with the Jones’
- Strong experience across some/most aspects of social media marketing but has aptitude to develop additional skills (including search, social, search, content, media buying, partnerships, building acquisition and retention campaigns)
- Collaborative approach to building campaigns that drive results
- Prioritisation skills to ensure projects are kept on track
- Resourceful and pro-active in approach to questions - looks for solutions and information in creative ways
- Editorial skills
- Team player & Problem solver
- Results oriented – focused on meeting and exceeding established KPIs
Additional InformationPlease note - you must have the existing right to work in the UK for all of our London based positions.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
We welcome your comments and questions about this Social Media Manager, The Walt Disney Company EMEA opportunity at Disney.