Manager, EMEA Corporate Tax
We are seeking a Corporate Tax Manager to join our EMEA Tax team based in Hammersmith on a permanent basis.
Aims of the Job:
The Corporate Tax Manager will support Senior Manager EMEA Corporate Tax on EMEA compliance and reporting processes and provide tax advisory support to all of Disney EMEA’s countries and lines of business.
The role will also provide support to the Corporate Tax department (US and EMEA) by preparing supporting schedules for tax calculations, transfer pricing and tax audit requirements as well as supporting the EMEA tax team on ad-hoc projects.
Responsibilities will include:
Direct Tax Compliance
- Day-to-day management of the tax compliance processes across EMEA (including UK), resolving issues and co-ordinating with the EMEA controllers and outsourced providers and advisers
- Providing advice to the local CFO’s and Controllers on local tax issues
- Assisting with tax authority enquiries and audits across EMEA
- Maintaining accurate and detailed tax records and files
- Managing and improving withholding tax processes
- Managing the collation of documentation across EMEA to meet US and group tax compliance requirements
- Actively reviewing compliance and reporting processes and suggesting/implementing improvements
- Reviewing and monitoring all EMEA wide intercompany arrangements including review of complex quarterly operating fees and managing the agreements for operating margins with all local controllers
- Providing support for all intercompany recharges as required by local markets
- Closely monitoring the statutory results of all EMEA entities to ensure that they are in line with expectations from a transfer pricing perspective and related external benchmarks
- Maintaining and updating documentation relating to intercompany arrangements and key accounting processes such as SAO and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- ACA Qualified (CTA a plus)
- International tax advisory and transfer pricing experience for multinational companies
- Good communication skills being able to communicate tax technical issues easily to non-tax professionals
- Significant UK tax compliance experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel (SAP experience a plus)
- Attention to detail
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to manage workload to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks and work streams
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK