BI Dev & Reporting Analyst
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Development & Reporting Analyst, to join our DisneyLife team based in Hammersmith on a permanent basis.
DisneyLife is a digital subscription service that gives the whole family access to the biggest collection of Disney and Pixar movies, live Disney Channels, TV box sets, books, and music, all in one place.
This is an exciting opportunity to a play a vital part in the Company's strategic goal of growing our subscription business and forming the future of our direct to consumer experience. ResponsibilitiesThe DisneyLife Insight and Analytics team is responsible for developing the strategy and vision needed to ensure that our Insight, Analytics Capability and output supports the Digital DTC Product, Commercial, content and Tech agenda. This role is extremely important to the wider business as reliable analytics are a critical enabler for the growth and success of our products and applications.
As part of this team, the BI Dev & Reporting Analyst will work cross-functionally with the Product, Finance, Trading, Commercial, Tech, Customer experience, Content teams and data infrastructure teams.
The BI Developer & Reporting Analyst will be both passionate about, and proficient in BI and analytics – but this person also needs to be highly proactive, hands on, and be happy working on both the detail of execution and the broader challenges of ensuring that analytics creates value within our business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating a vision for how our reporting offering can be delivered from a technical perspective
- Defining new metrics and analysis to gain a deeper understanding of our customers
- Delivering end-to-end reporting solutions including documenting business requirements, scoping, report development and delivery by adopting a clear systematic project management approach
- Regular reporting execution, data deep dives and modelling
- Driving self-service automated BI solutions
- Developing complex interactive and dynamic dashboards
- Building monitoring solutions to ensure on-going quality and accuracy of existing recurring reports and dashboards
- Liaising with data and infrastructure teams to instigate data quality and functionality improvement projects
- Document work instructions, data sources and report logic
- Helping to evolve our viewing and product usage data into strategic data assets
- Strong experience of SQL writing and querying relational databases
- Proven experience mining and extracting insights from large and disperse datasets and translating them into business recommendations.
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleansing), and familiarity with complex data and structures
- Excellent data visualisation skills, with a proven ability to present information that is engaging to a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong hands on experience using a range of product analytical tools or languages (Adobe, Google Analytics, Comscore,) and third-party data that can be used to support analysis
- Modelling & Predictive Analytics experience valuable
- ETL experience, ideally with similar tools like (SSIS, Informatica, Datastage, etc.)
- Familiarity with SAS, R, Python, Matlab or any other data analysis software.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
We welcome your comments and questions about this BI Dev & Reporting Analyst opportunity at Disney.