We are seeking a Category Manager to join our Integrated Retail team based in Leeds on a permanent basis. ResponsibilitiesThe Category Manager will be responsible for leading both the strategic and day-to-day relationships with select Toy and Stationery licensees (Outdoor, Games & Puzzle categories) along with two of Disney’s key UK retail accounts (Asda and Morrisons).
The role will have significant involement in supporting market-leading special projects and working closely with colleagues at Disney to deliver growth through the development of exceptional, magical, innovative, fun and educational products, proposals and campaigns.
The role requires a passion for Disney – and the ability to quickly build knowledge and understanding of Disney and the licensed business. Understanding the appropriate categories - as well as Asda and Morrisons consumers will be imperative to deliver growth for TWDC and Asda/Morrisons.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Category Director & Senior Commercial Manager to develop account and licensee strategies
- Accountability for meeting assigned targets and objectives and growing the business across the Hardlines Category
- Defining and managing investment priorities across Hardlines categories and segments and making recommendations for exploring new business opportunities
- Developing and maintaining successful working relationships with licensees and retailers
- Working with Sales Planning and Retail Analytics group to help plan delivery of targets, forecasting, evaluate activity and ensure continuity of product supply
- Working with the Franchise team and providing input into the Franchise Strategy that supports and drives revenues through each of the Consumer Insights areas with both licensees and retailers
- Working with Franchise teams and Disney Partnerships and Promotions to deliver outstanding consumer demand programs for licensees and retailers
- Supporting the product category brand management and franchise execution
- Proven experience in managing a major Customer in a commercial function with direct P&L responsibility essential
- Blue-chip, licensee, retailer or Toy industry background preferred
- Experience of setting up senior Customer relationships preferred
- Experience of developing and delivering account plan preferred
- Clarity and understanding of consumer marketing & category management
- Experience of working in multi-level matrix relationship environment, in a multinational organisation preferred
Additional InformationWhat we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK