Analytics Insights Manager, 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with data engineering and analytics skills to work within an insights team, working directly with product stakeholders and gaining the opportunity to learn about the vast research and insights work taking place across Disney.
You will be part of an analytics team helping to evaluate and optimise the performance of Disney’s digital products; covering e-commerce, affiliate and content business models and helping to drive the digital performance of iconic brands such as Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars.
A successful candidate must be comfortable creating data pipelines and database architecture to sustain a robust reporting and analysis environment. That involves taking ownership of ETL processes, management of staging and live database tables, the delivery of well-designed visual reporting, as well as excellent stakeholder management and communication. The candidate must also be able to interpret trends and clearly articulate key insights to business stakeholders.
It is fundamental to the role that the candidate enjoys a high fluency with SQL and has significant experience of working with digital data. Other essential technical experience includes the following (or equivalent) tools: Tableau, SQL Server, Adobe Analytics, Excel.
The ideal candidate would also be experienced in using SSIS (or equivalent), Google Big Query, Power BI, R. Other technical skills and toolset usage are valued, however please note the operation of the database servers and applications are managed by separate BI teams with whom you would form close working relationships.
In addition to the data management you will be expected to engage with and deliver analysis to help guide production, marketing and technology teams. This can cover all form of analysis including acquisition, retention, product insight as well as AB experimentation.
Responsible for creating data pipelines and architecture to sustain a robust reporting and analysis environment:
- Set-up and manage an automated ETL (Extraction, Transformation, Loading) processes and controls environment
- Manage database tables and structure
- Create database and process documentation
- Create regular reporting views
- Providing training and guidance to business stakeholders
- Evaluate and improve data quality
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Disney's Business Intelligence (BI) team
- Experience in performing data engineering tasks
- Experience in delivering analysis and data visualisation
- Experience working in digital analytics; either agency or client-side
- Demonstrable experience of applying project management techniques
- Evidence of effective stakeholder management, proven ability to influence at all levels internally, externally and cross territory
- Highly technically literate in the area of systems and data
- Advanced SQL
- Proficiency in managing data pipelines, experience with SSIS or equivalent packages preferred
- Demonstrable experience of working with data visualisation tools, Tableau preferred
- Must have advanced experience of working with digital data
- Experience of working with Adobe Analytics / Omniture preferred
- Active interest and strong understanding of the digital landscape
- Ability to look at the bigger picture and understand complex structures
- Multi tasking of multiple projects and priorities essential with a collaborative approach
- Must work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
For our London based positions, applicants must have the existing right to work in the UK already in place. This position is for a 6 month fixed term period.