Senior Manager, Partnerships
This important role will be responsible for leading the promotional partnerships (also known as Media+) and ad sales business in Thailand. This role is part of the Disney Partnerships line of business in SEA
Disney Partnerships represents all of the assets of the Walt Disney Company including TV, Digital, Print, Products, Theatrical (Disney, Pixar, Marvel & Lucas) to advertising and promotional partners. Responsibilities
- Work closely with our Theatrical Studios team to build a robust portfolio of external Theatrical Promotions partners and strong incremental support for key Theatrical Releases through earned media and manage the Theatrical Approvals process
- Work closely with the Consumer Products Licensing and Retail teams to offer unique promotional propositions to our top licenses and build Retail promotions that drive value for the company via incremental exposure for our Franchises and Theatrical releases.
- Work closely with the Media Networks team to maximize revenues across our TV portfolio, including Disney Junior, Disney Channel and Disney XD as well as online and digital channels
- Understand and uphold the Disney brand values and ensure they are adhered to in any promotional or advertising activities
- Understand the relevant media agency landscapes, develop a database of key contacts at these agencies and prioritise representation according to relevance and opportunity.
- Work with all LOBs to identify key direct clients and build strong long term relationships with media sales and benefit all parts of TWDC Thailand
- Develop strategy for the partnership deals and create / execute partnership pitches
- Work closely with the Regional Partnerships teams to share best practices and adopt policies, procedures and creative promotions that are best in class with the objective of being a market leader
- Oversee and manage the partner deals until completion of the project (I.e. documentation, approvals, reporting)
- Work closely with the global teams on global client opportunities and local implementations to leverage the Disney global sales network for key accounts.
- Accurate and timely reporting of sales activities, revenue & client analysis
- Preparation of reports as required
- Coordinate all the approval processes
- Arrange all travel requirements in accordance with company travel policy
- Preparation of expense claims ensuring timely reimbursement
- SAP – all related aspects
- Ad-hoc projects as required
- 5 yrs up Sponsorship / Partnerships sales experience
- A black book full of relevant industry contacts
- Experience of managing and growing a team
- Experience managing a P&L
- Experience managing 3rd party representations
- Experience in presenting at a senior level and good manager of internal stakeholders
- Theatrical Promotions expertise
- Advertising experience (knowledge of offline and online media – social media, digital activities)
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Used to working independently and with others
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder engagement/relationship skills
- Creative and systematic, ability to think outside of the box.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills and initiative
- Outstanding team player who can multi-task effectively and enjoys working in a people-oriented environment.
- Strong work-ethics
- Flexibility and adaptability – ability to deal with changing deadlines and support requirements
- Open attitude with a desire to seek input and feedback
- Improvement focused - always looking to challenge status quo and find new and better ways of doing things
- Ability to deal with remote relationships
- An understanding of the Disney Brand values
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Apple Keynotes and Photoshop will be an advantage.
- Other duties as required
At Disney, having a diverse workforce is critical to our business. We welcome a variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives to ensure we continue to top our own performance and represent our global marketplace. When our people reflect the communities we serve, it enhances the way we connect to our guests, audiences and consumers. Together, we work toward an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and camaraderie across all of our companies.