Assistant Marketing Manager
The Assistant Marketing Manager will support the Studio Marketing Manager in developing and implementing marketing and advertising plans to promote Studio’s theatrical releases. As well as provide Marketing support for these films’ eventual releases on home video and digital distribution.
The principal role of the Assistant Marketing Manager is to co-develop the right marketing strategy and materials for our titles in China and coordinate/implement advertising campaigns in support of these releases. This requires working closely with agencies and vendors, as well as Disney Business Units and other corporate functions, while constantly keeping abreast of the market landscape, trends, and development.
- Support the development of marketing materials (print and av) for our titles.
- Assist planning and execution of above the line advertising for our releases.
- Identify, conceptualize, plan and execute special event strategies and activities independently and effectively (special events include but are not limited to talent tours, gala premieres, mall events, industry summits and road shows that are connected to promoting our theatrical release titles, etc).
- Liaise with agencies/vendors/creative and production teams to develop detailed creative solutions and implement the event strategies and plans efficiently and effectively.
- Working with and under the supervision of the marketing manager, take lead in developing in theater marketing materials that are effective, timely and efficient for our campaigns.
- Working with and under the supervision of the marketing manager, initiate and come up with in theater campaigns and/or stunts that would directly generate box office with specifically targeted cinema chains or top cinemas for our films.
- Day-to-day management and coordination with agencies and vendors to ensure timely and satisfactory delivery of work.
- Support manager to prepare presentations to management team, Business Units, or other functional teams as required.
- Minimum 3 ~ 5 years work experience in Marketing for leading multi-national company, 4A ad agency, FMCG company or entertainment related company
- Demonstrate the ability in strategic planning, communication skills, media planning and execution and passion for the movie industry. A big edge will be given to candidate with strong team player and being able to work under pressure.
- An organized, self-motivated individual with an eye for details who is able to successfully implement multiple initiatives, run multiple tasks simultaneously and drive results for the project. The candidate must be a team player and is able to work with internal and external partners seamlessly. The successful candidate must be an avid movie fan. He/she is expected to possess the following qualities:
- Strong planning and execution skills; experience in handling, planning and overseeing the execution of media plans.
- Communication skills: persuasive, passionate and effective skills in getting point across written and spoken forms.
- Problem solving skills: able to identify and resolve issues independently and communicate solutions effectively
- Analytical skills: able to provide sound recommendations based on good understanding of the media and general business environment.
- Professionalism and integrity, a team player who can perform well under pressure
- Genuine passion for the film industry and marketing field work: candidate must be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and go above and beyond the call of duty when the job calls for it.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin;
- Well developed computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.; Mac knowledge a plus not a must).
- Bachelor’s degree in a leading university, local or foreign…Marketing/Advertising Management or Film Related degree a plus but not a must.