Sr Program Manager (Agile Software Delivery)
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for managing enterprise-level programs and/or multiple projects within the Disney Technology Solutions and Services portfolio. This individual will work closely with various project owners to define the project team and assign responsibilities. The Senior Program Manager will also be responsible for developing a consolidated view of the program, and for program deliverables including calendars, cross-project dependencies, risk analysis, stakeholder coordination and regular communication of status.
Primary responsibilities include guiding process development at a team level, managing high-risk, high-impact projects across a multi-disciplinary, multi-function group of technologists and business professionals. This requires experience communicating across audiences, effectively defining and utilizing escalation paths, and updating executive stakeholders.
The Senior Program Manager works in a dynamic, collaborative environment and reports to an ESP Manager, Program Management.
ResponsibilitiesThis is a highly accountable role and the candidate must meet the following professional expectations:
- Program Management and Delivery
- Accountable for driving delivery of highly-complex programs from start to finish.
- Displays a high degree of competency in managing multiple projects and programs.
- Aligns and leads project teams to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Understands and executes a wide variety project management approaches, including standard SDLC and PM methodologies (waterfall, Agile / Scrum, Kanban, etc…).
- Delivers timely, effective, easily understandable, concise program deliverables including program roadmaps, governance plans and presentations, project calendars, cross-project dependencies, risks analyses and mitigation, key performance indicator (KPI), stakeholder coordination and status communication via multiple mediums.
- Assists in triage of other projects/programs and makes recommendations to senior-level leadership.
- Leads with practicality and wisdom in the midst of competing priorities and diverse personalities. Operates as a highly independent and dynamic program leader. Highly adept at influencing without direct authority.
- Successfully manages 3rd party vendors and contractors when required.
- Effectively uses range of communication tools (various social media tools, Slack, Yammer, Backlot, Office 365, Confluence, IM, phone, email, VTC, and more)
- Ensures project document repositories are maintained and updated.
- Utilizes highly developed communication skills to achieve stated business outcomes.
- Effectively executes on the basics of program management communication. Communicates program objectives, status, risks and alternatives with senior stakeholders, leadership and executives.
- Ensures regular, effective communication happens with team members and cross-functional resources.
- Leadership / Guidance in Program Management Discipline
- Acts as a leader and subject matter expert in the program management discipline.
- Serves as a subject-matter expert and “go to” person for guidance.
- 7+ years of applicable experience in a technology environment, preferably for a large company. Demonstrated mastery and successful delivery of large-scale programs and projects.
- Significant demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, Cloud, and DevOps.
- Proficiency with a wide range of technology tools, including communications software (social media, email, VTC…), standard Office tools, and project management tools as required
BA/BS in business, computer science preferred or other technical field or appropriate work experience Company Overview
The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) has a diverse portfolio of companies with different needs in a global enterprise that stretches from movies, television, news, sports, games, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line and a variety of other businesses.
The Disney Enterprise Technology (ETech) mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business unit strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The ETech organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence. ETech is guided by the principles of being service focused and easy to do business with, being biased for action and innovation, and being efficient through leverage and continuous improvement.