Sr Product Manager
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Consumer Identity and Data Platform group in the Enterprise Technology division is currently seeking a Sr Product Manager to join our product team. This position is responsible for product managing identity solutions that enable business units to better recognize and understand TWDC’s digital consumers. Through these solutions, business units can more effectively personalize content, target advertising, and direct marketing to consumers on mobile, desktop, and streaming device platforms.
The Sr. Product Manager will define the vision, goals and requirements of what to build and then prioritize relevant features in the product backlog. The Sr. Product Manager will spend a significant portion of their time ‘making work ready’ for the agile software development team, that is to ensure that the team has a backlog of prioritized epics that are ready be worked on. They will utilize a variety of product managent techniques, in conjunction with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, to evaluate available information and make informed tradeoffs that reflect the highest priority needs of the customer in line with the Identity & Personalization Platforms strategic goals.
The Sr. Product Manager will dive deep into functional and non-functional requirements, customer needs, user stories and edge cases. While this person will not expected to drive technological decisions (the how), they must have an understanding of how architectural approach and technologies will enable opportunities for consumer identity platform growth and future product capabilities. Responsibilities
- Manages the product roadmap in terms of prioritizing the most important/urgent initiatives relative to customer needs, stakeholder requirements and category trends.
- Pulls new requests through product intake, refines scope and requirements through stakeholder interaction and market research, translates requests into epics with measurable business value, and prioritizes epics according to their alignment with the product strategy to ensure quick time to market.
- Drives collaboration with BU and corporate stakeholders, architects, designers, engineers and other product teams to collectively write a high-level business case, create architectural design sketch, analyze solution options and estimate the cost of the chosen solution.
- Partners with the agile software development team throughout implementation, providing guidance as needed to optimize time-to-market, quality, and longevity of the solutions delivered.
- Owns creation and execution of the go-to-market plan to inform stakeholders of release dates and dependencies, conduct feature roadshows, and drive feature adoption.
- Measures relevant KPIs upon feature release against the KPI baseline to evaluate feature performance and quickly identifies feature improvement opportunities to drive maximum business value
- Actively contributes to the broader product management community to share best practices, key learnings, and challenge the status quo.
- Partners with senior product leadership to refresh the product strategy on a regular basis or as required to support changes to BU product strategy, technological innovation or market evolution.
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Management with consumer-facing technology products
- Strong executive presence, with extensive experience communicating with business leaders, attorneys, architects and engineers supporting a global enterprise
- Proven ability to nimbly maneuver among strategic, technical, business, brand, legal and security contexts, continually advocating for the customer experience and business relevance
- Experienced in developing and delivering business cases in a scaled agile context
- Well-versed in the creation and prioritization of epics and user stories involving consumer applications and websites across a variety of platforms
- Quantitative approach: proficient in measuring and analyzing user behaviors and product performance across desktop and mobile platforms
- Well-versed in software development, specifically in digital multi-device platform technologies
- Solid understanding of the full product development lifecycle, with success managing products through all phases, from vision to launch
- Must be very customer-focused, with proven ability to take abstract concepts and drive them into concrete and acceptable requirements
- Must be delivery focused, with a strong willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job and meet deadlines
- Ability to lead product team efforts, manage a mix of vendor and FTE resources, partner across organizational boundaries and influence development directions
- Passion for customers and demonstrated ability to identify and communicate areas of opportunity to develop new products or enhance existing offerings
- Strong technical aptitude with conceptual and logical understanding of full stack web and mobile software architecture
- Effectively leverages technical and business expertise to optimize delivery outcomes
- Comfortable leading high performing technical teams through the feature grooming and implementation details definition
- Possesses excellent people interaction skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism to demonstrate the ability to influence up and down the organization
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong commitment to aligning team delivery with strategic objectives and discipline to measure delivered outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong planning, prioritization and organization skills
- Experience in one or more standard agile toolsets (e.g. Atlassian, Rally, VersionOne, etc.)
- Works effectively in a team and cross-team environment with both onsite and remote team members
- Product Owner Certification (desired)
- Media and entertainment industry experience
- Consumer Identity and Access Management experience
- Ad and/or marketing tech experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience successfully navigating compliance and legal review processes for approval of new solutions
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree and/or experience
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.