Sr Product Manager
Disney Technology Solutions & Services (DTSS) is responsible for technology strategy and management, central engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for The Walt Disney Company including virtual worlds, flagship Web sites Disney.com, Disney Family.com, ABC.com and ESPN.com. DTSS provides services in both platform engineering and web operations. Platform engineering includes Content Management Systems, UGC Enforcement Platform, E-commerce, Video Distribution Technology, Registration, Advertising Systems and Data Warehouse & Reporting. The DTSS web operations teams focus on Servers & Hosting and Network Connectivity. DTSS teams are located in Seattle, Bristol, N. Hollywood, Glendale, New York, Burbank, and Orlando
The Cloud, Tools & Automation Engineering (CTAE) organization plays a central, critical business role within DTSS by connecting, automating and instrumenting technology to enable rapid, accurate and efficient management of data, systems and services. TAE focuses on the product management, architecture, design and engineering. CTAE partners closely with DTSS Operations Engineering for hosting and operational support of the products managed by CTAE. ResponsibilitiesProduct Ownership and Product Management in Enterprise Technology
This position requires the product ownership of one or more tools product lines, engaging in the product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities through the following efforts:
- “Own” the product’s feature and tool set, vision, roadmap and act as the product evangelist to build awareness and adoption within the organization.
- Develop and maintain robust processes and related documentation supporting the cloud tools platforms leveraged by Enterprise Technology.
- Ensure requested features and future tools are implemented scale in terms of both technology (e.g. performance) and business (e.g. support) for an enterprise environment.
- Incorporate best practices and relevant innovations from the SaaS and consumer worlds into the platforms.
- Customer empathy, including an ability to learn about customers in different verticals, geographies, and business lines.
- Collaborates with development teams (both vendor and Disney) to define, design, accept and adapt feature and tool sets.
- Partner with tools vendors to influence and inform future upgrade features and tools roadmaps.
- Definition and delivery of success metrics and KPIs to help inform the product evolution, support, and rationalization of services.
- Build partnerships with Enterprise Technology and Segment Communication teams to develop and execute on product advocacy plans.
- Has an eye towards excellent and accessible user experiences for a diverse workforce
- Generating awareness and engaging customers through workshops, summits, roadshows, and informal (virtual and face-to-face) interactions.
- Development of short-term and long-term roadmaps that are regularly updated and disseminated.
- Collaborate with external partners, third party suppliers, and internal IT teams to properly develop and maintain stories.
- Continuous Improvement: Constant re-evaluation and reflection on improving the quality and resiliency of cloud tools.
- Raise awareness and excitement for the possibilities of new technology trends making a positive impact on how people work across TWDC
- Requires 3+ years of experience in a SaaS product ownership role, or an enterprise information technology role with significant product owner responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience with SaaS product design and delivery is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated application of strong business acumen, excellent analytical, financial management and problem solving skills to drive strategic outcomes.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Analytical rigor in evaluating and prioritizing projects, feature requests and roadmap items.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with business and non-technical stakeholders in all levels of organization (executive stakeholders to end-users).
- Effective at navigating complex organizational structures, with the ability to evaluate, prioritize and flex enough to adapt plans.
- Proven ability to collaborate and lead through tight deadlines with constraints; plus, the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization and across the globe.
- Ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term project focus with the urgency of immediate demands.
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with strong relationship building and evangelism skills.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the product development lifecycle, including product strategy development, requirements definition, engineering, QA and production pushes.