Sr. DevOps Engineer
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Are you interested in working with teams across all segments within The Walt Disney Company? The Disney Enterprise Technology team provides technology solutions to help enable segments such as ESPN, Parks and Resorts, Disney Consumer Products, and the Disney ABC Television Group deliver world class experiences to guests and fans around the world. Our Systems Engineering teams follow a DevOps model with a focus on a Service Reliability Engineering culture. We value a cloud first approach where we develop infrastructure-as-code. Automation should always do the work. You will be a part of the team that provides the cutting-edge cloud, systems, and infrastructure-as-code for every Disney Enterprise Technology engineering team.
Teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, Orlando, Bristol and New York.
- Define, create, architect and build high-quality, large scale, resilient systems that have a broad impact on the business
- Collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional teams
- Identify & evangelize new technologies, patterns, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber engineers
- Self-healing infrastructure-as-code, and automate everything
- Security is embedded in our DN
- Smart, self-driven with a keen focus on and proven track-record of building reliable, scalable, service-oriented services
- Configuration management and orchestration (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Multiple scripting languages in your toolbox (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, GO)
- Containerization (e.g. Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Skilled in Cloud/PaaS Environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Compute)
- Thorough knowledge of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- UNIX/Linux administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, & security
- Passionate about ways to leverage technology while constantly learning
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Embodies a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering culture with continuous delivery, cloud, and fully automated infrastructure as code
- BS in Computer Science or related field with at least 5 years of experience
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.