Software Engineer Intern, Corp - Summer 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Disney DTSS Engineering group in Seattle develops internet applications and services for all the domestic and international businesses and brands across The Walt Disney Company. Our business partners include ESPN, ABC, Disney Internet Media Group, Disney Studios, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, & Disney Consumer Products.
ResponsibilitiesFoundation Technologies team is hiring talented contributors for projects that will help power our businesses and guest experiences via API management and Authentication and Authorization mechanisms. Leverage your software development knowledge, industry experience, & your passion for RESTful technologies and platforms. You will be directly embedded & treated as part of the team.
Make a significant impact for some of the most successful brands in the media and entertainment business by adding features to the Foundation Technologies unified APIs. Participate in a challenging software development project, in a fun and collaborative environment. As part of an agile development team, you will work alongside other talented engineers who share your passion in this space.
• Computer Programming focused on Server-side technologies
• Software & Tools Design, Development, & Testing
• Presentations & Demos to Leadership & Team
Basic Qualifications• Strong Computer Science fundamentals
• Java, Web or Cloud Services
• Excellent Communication skills
• Collaborative work-ethic
• Familiarity with Git source control
Preferred Qualifications• Relational database and data modeling
• RESTful technology knowledge
• Cloud technologies
Required Education Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Junior or Senior in CS degree or equivalent Company Overview At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, an equal opportunity employer.
Additional InformationCandidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Seattle area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age