Network Cloud Architect
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Are you passionate about driving engineering solutions that support millions of users online experiences? What about public and private cloud technologies? Can you dive deep to truly understand how technology drives entertainment experiences and can challenge the status quo? Do you believe that networking technologies can level-up productivity?
Now is your chance to make an impact on a global level by solving complex challenges across multiple industries with varying priorities and opportunities. Needless to say, no day is the same as you are impacting large-scale businesses within one unique and dynamic role on the Disney Technology Solutions & Services team as a Network Architect driving the future of public and private cloud design along with the next generation of the data center. You will architect, design, and implementation of network solutions allowing businesses across Disney to host internal and external applications in the data center and/or cloud infrastructures.
Who we are:
Have you ever visited ESPN.com, Disney.com, ABC.com - or watched a show on a Watch App? Have you visited a Disney Theme Park or Resort Hotel, or sailed with Disney Cruise Line? At DTSS, we are the force behind the technology that powers all businesses within The Walt Disney Company to deliver unparalleled entertainment experiences around the clock, to audiences around the world.
- Join our transformative team and culture as a Network Architect joining a team that will solve mission-critical problems, innovate new processes and inspire action in others as a trusted advisor and partner in best of breed solutions.
- Impact compelling change and improvement by providing engineering design, implementation and support for data center Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and Security appliances in conjunction with varying projects and initiatives along with architecture and approach in leveraging public cloud technologies.
- Translate concept into action by ensuring design, configuration, automation, design guides, process and run books are created and remain current for all networking technologies running in the environment.
- Be part of the solution by collaborating as a successful team member that drives service delivery across multiple touch points and provides tier 4 operational support (24x7) for network operations in the data center and beyond.
- Act as a consultative thought partner interacting with vendors and suppliers while staying abreast of emerging technologies to translate into actionable ways to implement new solutions.
- 7+ years in senior network role in and high traffic environment
- Proven success in design and migration of data center application into public cloud.
- See the big picture to design scalable, reliable, and repeatable global solutions across the data center environments and the cloud.
- Develop strategy, roadmaps, and solutions involving multiple stakeholders from beginning to end.
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major routing protocols like BGP and OSPF as well as firewall and load balancing technologies.
- Expert-level experience and proficiency in Cisco routing and switching.
- Experience in Juniper and Palo Alto firewalls as well as F5 load balancing platforms.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Prior experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: T1/DS1, DS3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, various 802.x, IPv4, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, Redundancy protocols, PIMv2, IGMP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, netflow, DNS, HTTP.
- Experience in technical documentation as well as creating and maintaining standards, processes, SOPs, maintenance plans, network diagrams, etc.
- Major cloud provider design
- AWS, Azure, Google
- Juniper Firewall Certifications
- F5 Load Balancer Certifications
- Cisco Certifications
- Palo Alto Certifications
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.