At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Enterprise Technology Engineering group in Seattle develops Internet applications and services for all the domestic and international businesses and brands across The Walt Disney Company. Our business partners include ESPN, ABC, Disney Internet Media Group, Disney Studios, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, & Disney Consumer Products. Consumer Identity and Data Platforms teams provide critical consumer facing access and identification services across TWDC.
For our business partners to leverage Enterprise Technology services in a complaint intuitive and efficient way we have created a platform named Launchpad. The Launchpad Platform includes multiple applications that enable the governance, efficiency, onboarding, and management of enterprise solution integrations with TWDC products. ResponsibilitiesThe Manager of Engineering, Launchpad is responsible for the development and management of a set of mission-critical Business Unit facing applications used by ESPN, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, ABC, ABC News, ABC OTV, Disney Interactive, Disney International, Studio, and other groups across TWDC. These applications are responsible for 100% of the Business Units onboardings to the enterprise solutions including consumer identity, Permission Center and Authentication & Authorization services.
The Launchpad team develops a platform with full stack applications that enable digital identity, permission and authentication services for major Disney brands like ESPN, ABC, and Marvel. The manager will be leading talented engineers to implement new applications and enhance existing ones, which enable a higher level of interaction between brands, enterprise solutions and corporate stakeholder while maintaining security, governance and compliance.
This is a highly involved and highly visible leadership position responsible for several critical development projects. Primary job responsibilities include:
- Product owner for full suite of Full Stack applications including OneID BU, OneID Admin, L10N Publisher and AuthZ BU. Responsible for setting strategic direction for these services and ensuring that they integrate well with the enterprise solutions and downstream legal and engineering systems.
- Daily management of mission-critical applications in production: provide support and daily engineering support integrated with operations and customer support teams.
- Dev manager for multiple concurrent development projects, including development of new applications and product evolution for existing applications. Responsible for delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Collaborate extremely closely with other engineering managers and stakeholders to deliver successfully on features and capabilities efficiently and effectively.
- Managing developing and mentoring team of software and DB engineers.
- Responsible for operational and functional integrity of the platform and applications: setting and meeting SLA’s; continuous improvement in quality and performance; developing, monitoring and reporting on key operational and performance metrics.
- Providing detailed, timely and highly-relevant reports and reporting tools to customers of platform and existing applications.
- Collaborate closely with multiple indirect reports and peers from partner groups including QA, Customer Solutions, Build Engineering, Project Management and Operations; as well as close partnership with other engineering teams with interdependent services, including Messaging , Consumer Identity, Foundational Technologies, Architecture and Data Warehouse.
- Working directly with all Business Units to ensure proper implementation of key services and use cases
- Be the change agent. Evangelize best practices for continuous improvement, and adoption of Launchpad across the technology organization.
- Engineering and delivery ownership for suite of full stack applications: setting technical direction, meeting with new and existing customers to align use cases and implementation details. Ensuring long term health and stability of the platform
- Daily engagement with operations of live applications
- Dev manager for multiple concurrent development projects, including development of new applications and product evolution for existing services. Responsible for delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Managing developing and mentoring engineers
- Budget and cost management
- 8-10 years work experience of software design and development
- Minimum 3 years experience leading complex projects distributed across multiple teams
- Minimum 2-4 years managing software engineering teams, directly or indirectly
- Experience in design and development of full stack applications & platforms
- Experience in design and development using object oriented techniques.
- Working knowledge of relational and nosql databases
- First hand experience designing & developing high-scale web services
- Expert in cross group communication, able to get buyoff from business, operations and peers.
- Experience working in agile and scaled agile (e.g., Scrum, XP, SAFE)
- Object-oriented programming in Java, PHP, Python or C/C++
- Experience delivering via cloud providers, including AWS
- Experience with NoSQL distributed data storage systems and technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.