Lead Software Engineer, Emerging Technology
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Emerging Tech Solutions team is hiring a Lead Engineer to play a key role developing & applying new technologies (eg. Machine Learning) to create innovative solutions for The Walt Disney Company businesses. As part of the Solutions Architecture team within Disney Enterprise Technology you will collaborate across many teams & businesses (ESPN, ABC, Parks & Resorts, Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media, etc).
Current projects are focused on Machine Learning, Data Science, Web Technologies, Cloud services, & CI/CD. Previous projects include work on web, mobile, Internet of Things, streaming media platforms.
Leverage your software development knowledge, industry experience, team leadership skills & your passion for new technologies and platforms. Make a significant impact architecting & developing the next-generation of applications, services, & products for some of the most successful brands in the media and entertainment business.
Participate in a wide-range of challenging software development projects, in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. You will work with other talented engineers who share your passion in this space.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8-12+ years of software development experience
- Passion for innovation, emerging technologies, & evangelizing them
- Strong interest in Machine Learning & Data Science
- Strong Math & Statistics fundamentals
- Strong Computer Science & fundamentals
- Diverse technology stack experience
- Strong understanding of internet protocols and technologies (REST)
- Experience with multiple programming languages (eg. Python, Java, C#, Swift, or JS)
- Experience developing & deploying Cloud services (eg. AWS, GCP, etc)
- Strong Object-Oriented software Design & Architecture skills
- Experience with Relational Database & and NoSQL data storage technologies
- Strong source control best practices & skills (git)
- Experience working collaboratively using agile software development processes (eg. Kanban, SCRUM, etc)
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, curious, responsible and flexible
- Passion for mentoring, training, & evangelizing others
- Proven ability to successfully lead small diverse teams to deliver rapid prototypes & sustainable V1 products
- Proven ability to present new products, services, & technology solutions to executives & partners in a highly matrixed organization
- Developing high-performance & high-scalability internet applications and services
- Continuous Software Build & Deployment systems
- Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.