Director, Technical Product Management
The Identity and Personalization Platforms group within Enterprise Technology is seeking a Director of Technical Product Management. This person will lead a team responsible for the product planning of enterprise consumer identity solutions that enable The Walt Disney Company business units to better recognize and understand each guest, viewer and fan interacting online with our family of brands. Through these enterprise identity solutions, each business unit can more effectively personalize content, target advertising, and direct marketing to consumers on their mobile, desktop, and streaming devices.
While leading the product management team, the Director will be responsible for evolving and executing our consumer identity and data strategy across the enterprise. This person will bring a proven track record leading consumer-focused applications and be familiar with many of the tools and data used across the consumer identity industry. In addition, the Director will bring both strategic focus and business acumen to their work, with the ability to represent the voice and needs of our customers, stakeholders and partners in the software development process.
- Own the product plan/roadmap that prioritizes the most critical consumer identity work relative to business unit needs, stakeholder requirements and consumer trends.
- Establish and maintain close, collaborative partnerships with business unit customers to understand and serve their consumer identity needs while optimizing solutions for the enterprise.
- Partner closely with Corporate Brand Management, Security and Legal teams to ensure solutions are compliant with relevant regulations as well as TWDC standards
- Work with Program Management, Engineering, Operations and other functional groups within Enterprise Technology to support the identity product vision and deliver against the prioritized roadmap.
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across business unit, design, development and operational teams, while addressing risks and resolving misalignment.
- Define new, creative approaches to recognize and understand digital consumers through experimentation and proof of concept testing in partnership with business units.
- Prepare and implement effective go-to-market strategies for the product, ensuring successful launch execution and timely adoption across business units.
- Define, measure and report on KPIs that will serve to influence decision-making on current and future product features and solutions.
- Lead research efforts on category trends and patterns within the consumer identity industry and how competitors are responding.
- Partner with senior leadership to refresh the long-term product vision and strategy as required to support changes in BU priorities, technological innovations or market evolution.
- 10+ years of technical product management (PdM) experience, with at least 3 years leading PdM teams
- Passion for serving customers and demonstrated ability to identify and communicate areas of opportunity to develop new products or enhance existing offerings
- Strong executive presence, with extensive experience communicating with business leaders, attorneys, architects and engineers supporting a global enterprise
- Proven ability to nimbly maneuver among strategic, technical, business, brand, legal and security contexts, continually advocating for the customer experience and business value
- Successful track record executing product vision and strategy across a highly matrixed organization to influence key stakeholders (including senior leaders) on the design and implementation of the product
- Seamlessly operate between highly complex, technical and strategic situations
- Solid understanding of the full product development lifecycle, with success managing products through all phases, from vision to launch
- Ability to lead PdM team efforts, manage a mix of vendor and FTE resources, partner across organizational boundaries and influence development directions
- Strong technical aptitude with conceptual and logical understanding of full stack mobile, web, and OTT software architecture
- Analytical rigor in decision making. Can synthesize data to identify key trends, opportunities and risks
- Effectively leverages technical and business expertise to optimize product outcomes
- Possesses excellent people interaction skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism to demonstrate the ability to influence up and down the organization
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong planning, prioritization and organization skills
- Works effectively in a team and cross-team environment with both onsite and remote team members
- Experience with digital consumer identity and/or personalization systems
- Ad and/or marketing tech experience
- Media and entertainment industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar field and/or commensurate experience
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree and/or experience
- Product Owner Certification
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.