Sr Staff Systems Architect
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Technology Solutions & Services (DTSS) is responsible for technology strategy, architecture, management and engineered solutions for The Walt Disney Company including online properties such as Disney.com, Disneyworld.com/Disneyland.com, ABC.com and ESPN.com and internal workforce enablement technologies. Engineered technology solutions include Authorization and Authentication systems, Guest Login and Registration, Messaging, Content Management and more. Systems engineering teams leverage a DevOps model to support the needs of the lines of business within The Walt Disney Company. DTSS teams are located in Seattle, Bristol, Glendale, New York, Burbank, and Orlando.
Sr Staff Systems Architect
The Cloud & Tools Strategy and Engineering (CTSE) organization plays a central, critical business role across the technology enterprise by connecting, automating and instrumenting technology to enable rapid, accurate and efficient management of data, systems and services. CTSE focuses on the product management, architecture, public cloud strategy, design and engineering. We partner closely with cross-functional Operations Engineering teams for hosting and operational support of the products managed by CTSE. We're looking for a seasoned technical architect who can help us drive public cloud strategy for the Walt Disney Company.
- Leads the development of highly innovative, large, complex solutions relating to public cloud hosting and management that meet specifications and significantly impact future developments
- Leads the development of specifications for major solutions development projects
- Conceives and sets the architectural direction for major cloud related solutions development projects
- Clearly articulates and depicts technical concepts in business terms at an executive level
- Demonstrates cross domain and discipline adeptness
- Effectively interacts and interfaces with senior technical and executive resources
- Identifies major problems and opportunities and champions the development of innovative solutions
- Works on extremely complex technical problems/issues requiring evaluation of intangibles and the exercise of independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Conceives and sets the architectural direction for solutions developement projects
- Designs the component tasks of solutions development projects, developing specifications for each
- 12+ Years of work experience
- Strong knowledge of major cloud providers (Google, Amazon, & Microsoft) capabilities
- Systems architecture & design experience
- Infrastructure architecture & design
- Container platforms
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- Google Cloud Architect – Professional And/Or Azure Solutions Architect
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related field; or equivalent experience in Technical Operations or Systems Engineering
- Preferred: Masters in Computer Engineering
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.