Technical Scoping Manager
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
BAMTECH Media is looking for a knowledgeable, articulate, and passionate Technical Scoping Manager (TSM) eager to grow a thriving sports and entertainment pioneer. Successful candidates need experience dimensioning end to end OTT solutions involving streaming video, web commerce, user services, security, video advertising, content management, client platforms, and personalization.
ResponsibilitiesThe Technical Scoping role at BAMTECH is to determine the resources, the associated cost, and the timeframe required to implement a proposed solution based on the BAMTECH platform as well as third-party components, if applicable.
A successful TSM must:
- Build a deep understanding of the BAMTECH platform by working with project managers
- Deconstruct and software and hardware quotes into more granular features
- Map time and financial resources to those granular features
- Continuously update assumptions to ensure accuracy as the BAMTECH platform evolves
- Work with BAMTECH Finance to build reliable cost models of BAMTECH and third-party services
- Possess the ability to clearly convey scoping assumptions and conclusions to BAMTECH senior management
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience as a Project Manager with video and mobile applications. Experience as a software engineer ideal.
- Experience with Clarizen Project Management software ideal.
- Knowledge of the mechanics of OTT /SVOD streaming video products is required
- Proven experience in project planning and management, and presentation creation
- Highly organized and able to track multiple deliverables across projects and resources
- Bachelor's degree highly preferable
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of BAMTECH LLC, an equal opportunity employer.