Media Operations Assistant
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
Media Operations Assistants are members of a 24/7 ops team, maintaining quality control over front-end, consumer facing features of a streaming media product, including playback/rights verification of television programming and incident management. Basic Qualifications
- Must be available to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week in our San Francisco office.
- Strong understanding of computers and office applications.
- Must have an exemplary attention to detail.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to new situations.
- A strong ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Familiarity with streaming media products (e.g., Netflix, Fire TV, Hulu, Roku, etc.)
- Solid computer and technical background.
- Previous QA experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or some post-secondary course work.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in a team centric work environment.
- Familiarization with live video production/broadcast is plus.
- Availability to work overnight shifts is highly desirable.
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of BAMTECH LLC, an equal opportunity employer.