Technical Project Coordinator
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
BAMTECH is seeking a Technical Project Coordinator for an immediate opening in the Media Delivery department. The Media Delivery department is responsible for video and audio encoding, as well the post production infrastructure, across BAMTECH's platforms and properties. The Technical Project Coordinator will be responsible for tracking and managing the implementation of high value applications and workflows used by operational groups at BAMTECH. This individual will be responsible for managing iterations, coordinating development resources, prioritizing and scheduling feature implementation with stakeholders, quality assurance and feature deployment. Candidate must possess the ability to effectively manage full life cycle application development and project implementation.
- Liaise with vendors to develop roadmap plans, ensure timely delivery of bug fixes, and feature requests
- Gather requirements for new client proposals
- Develop, maintain and effectively execute software development iterations throughout the life of assigned project(s), which defines activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration and associated resource requirements.
- Plan and manage internal and external project communications, ensuring effective exchange of project information and deliverables.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks
- Assist with technical feasibility, implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA efforts.
- Works with project stakeholders to define project scope and objectives, communicating requirements to development teams via user stories or via technical specifications including data flow diagrams.
- Participate in product development activities, scheduling feature additions in iterative release cycles based on priority and importance.
- Manage partner integrations in regards
- Proven experience in project planning and management, ideally in a responsive web environment.
- Sports knowledge and fan of baseball is ideal.
- In depth knowledge of video and audio codecs such as H.264, H.265, AVC Intra and Pro Res
- Software Development knowledge and experience including APIs, reusable libraries, and frameworks.
- Experience in requirements documentation including data flow diagrams using Omnigraffle, Visio, or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience as a project manager. Experience in a postproduction environment is essential.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, 24x7 availability environment
- PMP certification preferable
- Bachelor's degree highly preferable
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of BAMTECH LLC, an equal opportunity employer.