Sr. Network Engineer
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
The Sr. Network Engineer will be responsible for design, planning, engineering, and operational support of the MLB Corporate network infrastructure in both local and remote locations. Scope includes but is not limited to cabling, hubs, switches, routers, firewalls, enterprise grade Wi-Fi, and LAN/WAN integration across multiple sites.
- Configuring, testing, installing and maintaining LAN/WAN equipment and related services
- Performing routine hardware and software upgrades and configurations in line with industry best practices
- Proactively identifying, diagnosing, and resolving network problems
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive network documentation
- Providing daily maintenance, support, and problem resolution
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- 5+ years enterprise wireless experience and knowledge of RF environments
- 5+ years enterprise wired experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required along with strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidate must be a motivated self-starter, with a high capacity for rapid learning and meticulous attention to detail with a strong sense of ownership and accountability. Flexibility with work schedule to handle after-hours emergencies is a must.
- Cisco IOS and Cisco NX-OS expertise including the ability to Install, configure and maintain network device software (i.e. Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS)
- Strong familiarity with Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and enterprise grade access points
- Ability to Implement and maintain IP network infrastructure in a production environment
- Ability to Resolve network problems having varying degrees of complexity
- Experience and high level expertise in designing sustainable, highly available, wireless infrastructure solutions in a large-scale, multisite, environment
- Extensive knowledge of designing and configuring scalable wireless authentication methods
- Experience with delivering class of service/QOS over wireless ensuring quality Voice, Video and Data for corporate, guest, and/or BYOD initiatives
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment
- Solid knowledge and recent experience with current and upcoming wireless RF standards on Wi-Fi, 802.11g,n,ac
- Deep knowledge of the basic RF parameters and signal flows (frequency, power-level, modulation methods, channel widths, signal losses etc.)
- Knowledgeable of Cisco IP technologies like QoS, ACLs, Multicast, Security, etc.
- Ability to successfully plan, document and perform complex maintenance windows on production network and adhere to change management policies and procedures
- Experience with Cisco Prime, Cisco ACS and ISE
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.