Sr. Director - Partner Marketing
BAMTECH Media is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by The Walt Disney Company, MLB Advanced Media and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH is passionate about the high-quality experiences and monetization results we deliver for our customers, their audiences and our fans. By driving technological innovations, BAMTECH aspires to become the leading distributor of direct-to-consumer live entertainment and the premier provider of video streaming solutions globally.
We are looking for exceptional people to join BAMTECH’s Hockey team, a group of passionate hockey fans and digital innovators. We build, operate and monetize the digital products of the National Hockey League, working in close partnership with executives and employees at the league. Our team spans advertising sales and sponsorships, content, product, marketing, NHL club initiatives and three different premium subscription offerings for hockey fans around the globe. We are dedicated to the growth and success of the NHL’s digital products, including the NHL app, NHL.com and NHL.TV. Additionally, we partner with the NHL Network, Rogers Media in Canada, and MVPDs for Center Ice, a subscription product for live hockey on demand. The Senior Director, NHL Partner Management will be on the front lines of our team, optimizing a subset of our most important digital partnerships across international, leading MVPDs and third party platforms that host the NHL.TV experience from mobile apps to connected devices. This role will report into the Vice President, Operations. The ideal candidate is a people person with partnership-focused digital expertise, relentlessly proactive in identifying creative ways to optimize our third party relationships and grow hockey’s digital fan base. Hockey fandom strongly preferred.
- Own a portfolio of BAMTECH hockey’s most important third party partner relationships, function as BAMTECH hockey lead for each partnership in portfolio
- Deliver success as measured against aggressive KPI targets for a set of BAMTECH hockey’s digital partners, both U.S. and international
- Manage performance reporting (financial/analytics/qualitative) for key partnerships against contractual terms on a daily basis, monitoring compliance on partner obligations and leading our efforts to become the consistently best partner in digital
- Proactively identify unique opportunities within partner portfolio to grow hockey’s digital footprint, working at digital speed to drive consensus with applicable BAMTECH stakeholders, securing opportunities at favorable terms to BAMTECH and NHL, execute flawlessly. Repeat, repeat, repeat
- Identify specific marketing and promotional opportunities within existing partnership set, execute flawlessly in partnership with other BAMTECH hockey stakeholders, monitor performance daily and iterate accordingly, conduct post-mortems and case studies, create timely analysis, evangelize success
- Create, hone, implement and track partner management best practices
- Plan, conduct and lead quarterly business reviews with partners, internally and externally, as applicable
- Identify all key stakeholders within partner entities and build relationships accordingly, leveraging BAMTECH hockey leadership when necessary
- Partner with all other BAMTECH hockey team members to optimize the presentation of the league’s content and brand across all digital platforms and endpoints; educate our team on partner-specific developments and industry trends pertaining to the partners in your portfolio
- In your cross-functional role within BAMTECH hockey, create an environment of accountability, excellence, and seamless communication
- 5+ years of relevant digital experience in business development, marketing, partner management, analytics, partner management and/or directly comparable functions
- Demonstrated success in building and managing high profile digital partnerships or success in a directly comparable leadership role
- Outstanding presentation and analytical skills are absolutely critical – excellent Powerpoint and/or Keynote skills plus well-honed financial modeling skills are firm requirements for this role
- High degree of competency in data, analytics, financial analysis and/or other directly comparable quantitative skillset
- Ability to recognize macro trends and identify problematic data at the most granular level - with equal passion and skill
- Experience in creating, implementing and tracking best practices for partner management or directly comparable digital business function
- High energy, relentlessly proactive, a “people person” with excellent communication skills, exceptional critical thinker and problem solver, confident in influencing colleagues across business and technology functions, ability and willingness to listen, must be organized and focused on key priorities
- International experience strongly preferred, MBA/management consulting/investment banking experience all considered to be a plus
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.