BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
We are looking to hire a Software Engineer to apply strong technical knowledge and ability to our world leading digital brand. Our software engineers are hands-on and gain professional gratification by having their efforts exposed to millions of users around the globe. Some of opportunities available: Multimedia Development building live video and video on demand systems for products on mobile, web and connected devices platforms; Subscription Services working on web services which expose our platform's user functionality; Core Technology developing solutions which reach across our entire ecosystem. Software engineers work on one area and can transfer areas over the lifetime of their career.
This positions is located in our Chelsea Market office in New York, NY
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of Software Engineers
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Amazing benefits including - 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Craft software for the back-end written in Java, Scala, Akka, Spray, Rest, etc.
- Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
- Participate in the full-lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance)
- 5+ years experience building software with Scala, Java, Play, and NoSQL databases
- RESTful web service development
- Automated testing at different levels (unit, integration, functional)
- Building resilient applications that handle failure gracefully
- Strong design principles (object oriented or functional)
- Using abstraction to drive configurable behavior
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.