Senior Software Engineer, Core Engineering
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
Core Engineering is a distributed team that owns internal tools used to deploy the services that make up BAMTECH's products. Built for AWS with a variety of open source software, our tools are used by dozens of engineering teams across the company. We strive to act as a productivity multiplier by offering our customers rich primitives for delivering their services, allowing them to focus more on product.
As a member of Core Engineering, you will build tools and services to support exponential growth in BAMTECH's product and partner portfolios. You'll also collaborate to enable cloud-native practices and new developer workflows. You should have a passion for software engineering, distributed systems, and automation.
This position can be worked remotely, or from our locations in NYC,or San Francisco. Responsibilities
- Develop and deploy tools and services to automate the infrastructure and software lifecycles
- Engineer RESTful and GraphQL-based services in Go and Ruby
- Build data pipelines for metrics, logs, and event streams using Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, and S3
- Address persistence requirements in increasingly ephemeral environments
- Ease adoption of cloud-native concepts and technologies for the wider engineering organization
- Work directly with our customers to drive adoption
- Experience building software on *nix platforms
- You're a self-learner, independent, and have excellent problem-solving skills
- You care deeply about craftsmanship in your software, and can work backwards from the customer
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with software containers (e.g. Docker, rkt, runC) and schedulers (e.g. ECS, Kubernetes, Nomad)
- You have successfully applied immutable infrastructure patterns
- You've worked with and improved the reliability of distributed systems
- You've deployed and operated geographically distributed, redundant services
- Engagement with open source communities
Technologies We Love:
- Languages: Go, Ruby, Bash
- Tools: Docker, Git, Graphite, GraphQL, Jenkins, Logstash, Packer, Puppet, Sensu
- Data stores: DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.