At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Global Security ensures that a secure and safe environment is provided for all Disney employees, guests and events by achieving excellence in the level of security and services provided. We are here to serve Disney interests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Disney Global Security offers progressive career opportunities for best-in-class security professionals in both part time and full time capacities. Responsibilities
- Greet, screen, and direct all visitors to company property following established procedures
- Patrol Company property, identifying and reporting safety and security hazards
- Secure and/or unsecure (key assistance) properties as directed
- Respond to medical, fire, security, and other safety related emergencies as trained
- Write comprehensive reports to assist Investigations department
- Provide security presence at special events, including private screenings, parties, etc.
- Assist in the placement and removal of barricades and posts and the opening and closing of gates for the direction of pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Perform security equipment and technology functions and report problems
- Act as guest hosts, answering routine questions from visitors and employees, where appropriate
- Handle other special assignments as required
- 1 year work experience or law enforcement experience.
- Superior writing ability and command of basic English grammar.
- Physical ability to perform all responsibilities as listed above
- Strong leadership, judgment, and decision making skill.
- Flexibility to work varying schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays, especially overtime
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint capabilities is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly adaptable with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Able to take command and diplomatically control difficult situations.
Licences / Certifications
- Valid New York State Guard License
- Fire Safety Director certification
- High school diploma
- Associate Degree or higher preferred
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.