BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
The BAMTECH Media Platform Monitor is responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting live audio and video streams, real-time video highlights and a large array of Video On Demand and archived content. These efforts are focused on web, mobile and connected device clients across BAMTECH’s suite of media products. Platform Monitors will be troubleshooting client apps for issues with statistics, scores, and data. They will work hand in hand with Media Operations teams and Mobile QA teams for quality control of live in app streaming and data to end users. They will provide operational support for all live events and help diagnose issues across platforms in the production environment. Escalating application bugs to development teams as well as intense issue tracking and daily reporting are required tasks.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a great work ethic and strong communication skills. They must have an extreme dedication to detail. A strong knowledge of mobile and connected devices and some technical knowledge of the video streaming process is preferred. This is a part time position located in Chelsea. Basic Qualifications
- Flexible hours, but must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 24 hours a week.
- Strong understanding of computer programs and applications.
- Strong familiarity with mobile/connected device platforms and applications.
- General sports knowledge - baseball, ice hockey, and other major sports.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- A solid computer and technical background with experience working in new media and online organizations.
- Familiarity with proxy tools such as Charles and Fiddler for data capturing and product debugging in real-time.
- Familiarity with JSON, XML, and other data files
- Interest in sports and OTT content and digital networks and a desire to work in the digital media industry.
- A team player, with an enthusiastic, congenial, and committed performance as an employee.
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of BAMTECH LLC, an equal opportunity employer.