At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, sports events and news and information products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
BAMTECH Media is a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on demand entertainment at scale and a leading licensee of OTT sports and eSports rights. BAMTECH Media owns and operates a growing portfolio of direct-to-consumer video streaming services, including the NHL, PGA TOUR, and MLS, along with the upcoming Riot Games’ League of Legends eSports service, and forthcoming ESPN-branded multi-sport service. By driving technological innovations in live sports and on demand video, BAMTECH Media’s mission is to give global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. A subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, BAMTECH Media is headquartered in New York, with European headquarters in Amsterdam. To learn more, visit BAMTECHMedia.com.
The Media Controller role, located in NYC may require some travel while the business ramps. This position is part of the Enterprise Financial Services team and reports to the Enterprise Controllership Media COE and has dual accountability to the CFO of BAMTech. Responsibilities
- Design and deliver an integrated solution for BAMTECH controllership services leveraging the breadth of resources and expertise across enterprise controllership. Coordinate and integrate the services seamlessly for the BAMTECH executive team while ensuring the work is performed in the most effective and efficient manner
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements for BAMTECH and its related business units in accordance with company guidelines and policies
- Report financial results and trends to the BAMTECH CFO and leadership team along with TWDC management
- Prepare and review all BAMTECH public financial reporting related disclosures
- Collaborate with the various enterprise Centers of Excellence in support of accounting processes for BAMTECH and DTC ecommerce
- Oversee all financial reporting to BAMTECH’s minority shareholders including BAMTECH Europe financial reporting, with responsibility for the preparation of annual stand-alone financial statements
- Advise and guide leaders on matters requiring interpretation of complex accounting and control issues in alignment with TWDC accounting policies and generally accepted accounting principles
- Collaborate with Tax to ensure proper tax planning and compliance
- Ensure there is an effectively operating system of internal controls
- Oversee system development and enhancements that impact financial results and ensure appropriate controls and processes are employed so that financial results are recorded accurately
- Assist the BAMTECH FP&A team in development and monitoring of financial performance criteria
- Identify opportunities for continual process improvements and cost efficiencies.
- Coordinate with the external auditor in the planning and performance of the annual financial audit, and coordinate with TWDC related to internal audits and/or other special audits
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a controllership or finance related leadership role
- Experience as a leader in the accounting operations and financial reporting of a complex, diverse, global business
- Established expertise in the application of GAAP, and ability to establish and maintain a strong internal control environment
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker with solid business and financial acumen
- Proven history of building and maintaining excellent client service relationships
- Dynamic, optimistic leader who can inspire and lead others to meet deadlines and targeted results, and who has a demonstrated ability to develop team members
- A “team player” who possesses solid interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage and partner with all levels of management to help drive collaborative business decisions
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
- Experience in the Media industry
- OTT or Direct to Consumer Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Additional InformationEqual Opportunity Employer. To learn more, visit BAMTECHMedia.com.