Logger /Cutter Manager
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
The logger/cutter manager is responsible for managing logging/cutting personnel as well as performing the duties of the logger/cutter supervisor for certain high-profile events. The manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of department personnel including interviewing prospective loggers and cutters, on-boarding new hires with HR, training them, and evaluating their progress in the job. The manager addresses logger/cutter performance issues and is frequent contact with the logger/cutter supervisors to ensure that any performance concerns are addressed with the logger or cutter.
- Interviewing and hiring new logger/cutter candidates and working with HR in facilitating the onboarding process.
- Hosting orientation sessions for new hires to familiarize them with payroll and scheduling systems and general departmental expectations.
- Monitoring logger/cutter performance tracker, where any performance issues are recorded by logger/cutter supervisors and addressing any concerns with the logger or cutter.
- Administering logger/cutter evaluations to logger/cutter supervisors and compiling and evaluating the results.
- Escalating any logger/cutter errors to the appropriate Media Ops stakeholders and addressing the issue with the logger or cutter.
- Working with MediaOps and Dev teams in the Lumberjack/Loggerpad testing process when taking on new clients.
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of BAMTECH LLC, an equal opportunity employer.