BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
The Core Infrastructure Team, responsible for designing and building out physical and virtual infrastructure for the all internal and front-facing production BAMTECH environments. BAMTECH operates some of the most advanced cutting edge streaming media delivery infrastructures in the industry. Powering platforms such as HBONow & Game of Thrones, SONY Playstation Vue, NHL, WWE, and of course Baseball! We are looking for a DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer/System Administrator with a broad range of software development and/or system administration skills.
The ideal candidate has a rich and diverse technical background, is creative, and passionate about standardization and automation.
Your typical day includes designing and developing automation tools and infrastructure to run service oriented stacks on a VMWare/OpenStack hybrid cloud, bare metal, and AWS.
Currently, we are seeking candidates in both a mid (3-5yrs exp) and senior (5-7yrs exp) capacities, with locations in New York City(Tri-state Area), San Francisco and Raleigh, NC. Remote is also a possibility for the right candidate.
ResponsibilitiesIf you think you can apply your skill set to some, or all of the following, we would love the opportunity to speak with you!
- Expert knowledge of Bash/SH shell scripting
- Experience with Ruby or Python
- Experience using debugging tools (gdb, strace, lsof, ltrace)
- Experience with Source Control Systems (git in particular)
- UNIX/Linux System Administration
- Expert knowledge of RedHat based package management systems, including SPEC design and GPG signed RPM builds
- Broad experience with Linux (CentOS, SlackWare, Gentoo, Ubuntu, etc)
- Experience building applications from source
- Experience with building highly scalable, redundant, hybrid-cloud infrastructure utilizing VMware Vsphere5 Enterprise+ and/or OpenStack, and/or AWS
- Broad knowledge on VMWare VSphere5/6 internals(vm-VM, sVM, dRS, HaFT, dVS)
- Any experience working with OpenStack(Kilo/Liberty/Mitaka)
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Cloudfront) or similar
- Experience federating private, and public data-center/cloud infrastructures
- Sensu monitoring framework
- Graphite/InfluxDB/OpenTSDB Metrics framework
- ELK (ElasticSearch Logstash Kibana) logging framework
- Advanced knowledge of layer2/3 switching, VLAN, VXLAN, inter-VLAN routing, LACP, Etherchannel
- Advanced knowledge of BIND DNS(nsupdate, dnssec, stubs, delegation)
- Advanced knowledge of sub-netting, nat-ing, and p-nats
- Experience with AAA methods; FreeIPA. LDAP, AD, PAM, SSH, Kerberos, Radius, Ipsilon(SAML)
- Experience with load-balancing(local/global), specifically with Citrix Netscalers
- Experience with Cisco's UCS product line (B/C-series hardware, Fabric Interconnects)
- Experience with Oracle VM 3.x Virtualization platform
- Working knowledge of multi-layer firewalls
Automation / Continuous Integration:
- Experience with automated integration tools such as Jenkins, CruiseControl, Rundeck, or BuildBot
- Experience with Unit Testing and automation techniques around it
- General understanding of Static Code Analysis tools (e.g. RATS)
- Puppet, PuppetDB
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of BAMTECH LLC, an equal opportunity employer.