Director/VP, Business Development and Strategy
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today BAMTECH Media has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
We are looking for a motivated, entrepreneurial candidate with outstanding corporate strategy experience; preferably with experience in sports, traditional media and/or digital media. The Director/VP, Business Development and Strategy will take a leading role in setting the growth strategy for each BAMTech business line including laying out the addressable market, how we should prioritize our strategic focus, money and human capital and our best path to execution. This is a hands-on role and you will work independently while collaborating closely with product development, product management, ad sales/ad ops, programming, marketing, finance and legal professionals as part of the day-to-day execution. The position will be based in New York (BAMTech’s headquarters).
- Has an extensive background and proven track record in corporate strategy and a well-established assembly of senior executive contacts at global brands
- Has a dynamic, engaging, collaborative and outgoing personality with the tenacity and commitment needed to nurture relationships while still being getting things done
- Is tech savvy and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Must be able and willing to travel
- Has familiarity with content licensing and/or distribution in digital media
- Always operates with integrity
- Has the ability to think strategically and effectively communicate and execute
- Has high standards for work quality, attention to detail and accuracy
- Can support senior management in overall strategy initiatives, including creation of comprehensive and cohesive presentations for board level review
- Has a bachelor’s degree, MBA and previous consulting experience preferred
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.