Director of Solution Architecture
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
BAMTECH Media is looking for a knowledgeable, articulate, and passionate Solutions Architect eager to grow a thriving sports and entertainment pioneer. Successful candidates need to combine business acumen with technical wisdom to surface end to end solutions involving streaming video, web commerce, user services, security, video advertising, content management, client platforms, and personalization.
ResponsibilitiesThe successful Solution Architect at BAMTECH Media is an OTT industry expert with a broad, 360-degree view of the content business, the capabilities of the BAMTECH Media platform, and complimentary and competitive third-party solutions. The role of the Solutions Architect is to analyze requirements, identify gaps, and to draft state-of-the art, holistic solutions working across the organization or with third parties where it makes sense. Technical Scoping Managers (TSM) who work with the Solutions Architect, must be kept up to date on new features and offerings of the evolving BAMTECH Media platform. Architects will participate in drafting RFP responses, offer creative “value engineering” suggestions when appropriate, and must clearly communicate complex technical concepts to potential customers. Willingness to travel (25%) and experience in technical enterprise solution sales is a must.
A successful Solution Architect must:
- Understand the business and technology drivers of content owners, distributors, and consumers
- Have expertise in:
- Video playback – live events, live linear, VOD
- Video players – captioning, DRM, scrubbing
- Content encoding and packaging
- Metadata – timed metadata and content workflows
- Commerce – direct billing, IAP, credit cards
- Authentication, Authorization, and Entitlement methods
- Advertising – DAI, pre-roll, mid-roll, ad workflow, ad insertion, ad measurement
- Social media – integration, reporting
- Analytics – usage, data reporting, a/b testing, yield optimization
- Notifications – marketing for subscription and ad-supported models
- Personalization – recommendations, search, content discovery
- Client application structure
- Platforms – web, mobile, connected devices and Smart TVs
- Can apply a deep understanding of the BAMTECH Media platform in practice
- Remain abreast of third-party solutions to address potential gaps in the BAMTECH Media platform, and provide guidance to engineering roadmaps
- Work cross functionally inside BAMTECH Media and externally to define new products, features, and use cases
- Serve as the company liaison on specific technical projects with customers and vendors
- Develop customer presentation and Sales training documentation that clearly conveys the capabilities and differentiators of the BAMTECH Media platform
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience as a Solutions Architect with video and mobile applications. Experience as a software engineer ideal.
- Knowledge of OTT business models/SVOD products
- Proven experience in project management and presentation creation
- Proficient in PowerPoint (or Keynote) and Visio (or OmniGraffle)
- Highly organized and able to track multiple deliverables across projects and resources
- Poised, curious, self-motivated, and resourceful
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of BAMTECH LLC, an equal opportunity employer.