Director of Operations
BAMTECH Media is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by The Walt Disney Company, MLB Advanced Media and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH is passionate about the high-quality experiences and monetization results we deliver for our customers, their audiences and our fans. By driving technological innovations, BAMTECH aspires to become the leading distributor of direct-to-consumer live entertainment and the premier provider of video streaming solutions globally.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for exceptional people to join BAMTECH’s Hockey team, a group of passionate hockey fans and digital innovators. We build, operate and monetize the digital products of the National Hockey League, working in close partnership with executives and employees at the league. Our team spans advertising sales and sponsorships, content, product, marketing, NHL club initiatives and three different premium subscription offerings for hockey fans around the globe. We are dedicated to the growth and success of the NHL’s digital products, including the NHL app, NHL.com and NHL.TV. Additionally, we partner with the NHL Network, Rogers Media in Canada, and MVPDs for Center Ice, a subscription product for live hockey on demand.
The Director, NHL Operations will be a leader on BAMTECH’s Hockey team, reporting to VP, Operations. This person is an excellent communicator. He/she is able to work well with all types of people across business functions/teams within BAMTECH and executives/employees at the league. This person is flexible, quantitative, detail oriented and accountable for operational excellence. This person is motivated to understand the many details that support our business in order to drive top line growth. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic leader, proactive, collaborative, focused, creative and organized. Hockey fandom is a plus.
- Lead and manage all operational processes across BAMTECH’s NHL partnership and other BAMTECH hockey business functions, reporting to VP Operations and supported by Manager, Operations and Special Projects
- Oversee all reporting initiatives for BAMTECH Hockey, including sponsorship revenue, subscriber analysis, financial performance and product KPIs
- Lead a broad set of workflows for special projects related to BAMTECH hockey’s growth and change initiatives across sponsorship, content, marketing, product, NHL club initiatives and customer service
- Lead BAMTECH Hockey’s efforts on commerce workstreams for NHL.TV across web, mobile and connected devices, in partnership with engineering, analytics, finance and the league
- Support BAMTECH Hockey leadership on business planning and forecasting
- Facilitate asset delivery to support partner marketing efforts
- Support VP Operations in end-to-end operational reviews to continually increase efficiency and improve ROI. Present findings and recommendations to BAMTECH leadership. Implement change in collaboration with other team members. Track ROI improvements
- Manage vendor relationships, including adherence to contractual obligations
- Support VP Operations in negotiating new vendor agreements. Onboard new vendors
- Meet deadlines with enthusiasm and confidence. Proactively identify and mitigate risk with meticulous project planning and creative solutions
- 5+ years of operations, finance, business development, corporate strategy or other directly comparable experience
- Demonstrated competency working in technology, digital media and/or digital video
- Professional experience must highlight ability to manage a range of time sensitive projects or workstreams simultaneously
- Experience in driving change by influencing senior executives, making recommendations to drive growth or improve ROI, and/or leading implementation of process-based initiatives
- Outstanding presentation and analytical skills are absolutely critical – excellent Powerpoint and/or Keynote skills plus well-honed financial modeling skills are firm requirements for this role
- High degree of competency in data, analytics, financial analysis and/or directly comparable quantitative skillset
- Ability to recognize macro trends and identify problematic data at the most granular level - with equal passion and skill
- Working knowledge of digital video industry trends, key players and operational norms
- Management consulting or comparable corporate strategy experience within a digital content or technology company is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition. Additional Information
- This position is a legal entity of BAMTECH LLC, an equal opportunity employer.