Data Analyst - SQL, ETL, Statistics
BAMTECH is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by The Walt Disney Company, MLBAM, and the National Hockey League. Our proprietary technology provides direct-to-consumer video solutions, especially for live event with high viewership, offering viewers high-quality visuals any time and on any device.
BAMTECH is seeking a Data Analyst for an immediate opening. The analyst will be primarily responsible for retrieving data for analyses related to BAMTech and its partners’ digital presences; websites, mobile applications, subscription products, and social media accounts. The analyst will help provide insight into digital traffic, industry growth, and third-party presences.
The candidate must have extensive experience using digital video streaming products on mobile, web, and connected device platforms, and be well-versed in industry trends and innovations. The candidate should have familiarity with internet and mobile technology. Experience manipulating large data sets is essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and business audiences are required. This is a full-time position based in BAMTech’s offices in New York City.
- Create and distribute traffic and usage reports to assist internal business owners, upper management, and BAMTech partners in project creation and prioritization.
- Oversee daily checks of key first and third-party data sources and metrics to ensure consistency and accuracy for internal business units.
- Perform periodic checks over BAMTech’s content performance, and communicate trends to editorial and social content creators.
- Assist in analytical projects aiming to spot usage and traffic trends across digital platforms and determine causation.
- Build presentations regarding project performance for dissemination internally.
- Assist various departments at BAMTech with data projects, as needed.
- Must have a strong academic record from a 4-year college or university. Extensive coursework related to statistics, economics, mathematics, or data analysis is a plus.
- Minimum 1-year experience in an analyst role with experience in project planning and performance is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency analyzing usage data with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics (formerly Omniture), or other similar tools.
- Experience managing large datasets in Microsoft Excel, SQL, R, SAS, and Tableau or other BI and/or data visualization tools is greatly preferred.
- Familiarity with third-party research tools (e.g. comScore) and industry knowledge of measurement data sources
- Operational familiarity with digital advertising and ad networks
- Extensive knowledge of and experience using popular apps and social media platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.