Senior Software Engineer
BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
We are looking to hire multiple software engineers to apply their strong technical knowledge and ability to our world leading digital brand. Our software engineers are hands-on and gain professional gratification by having their efforts exposed to millions of consumers around the globe. This is an opportunity to build industry-leading client applications and work with some of the greatest minds in the media technology industry. If a collaborative team environment and solving new challenges to produce apps consumed by millions of people excites you, then this is the role for you.
This is a permanent full-time position located in the San Francisco Bay Area, New York, or remote and offers amazing benefits including 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision. ResponsibilitiesYou definitely have…
- At least 3 years of software development experience
- Demonstrated experience shipping at least 1 product
- Experience working with Agile (Scrum) teams
- Experience managing and organizing your work and communicating to other team members
- A passion about your career, and take strong ownership of the initiatives you manage
- A university computer science degree or equivalent is preferred
It would be nice if you…
- Have experience writing applications for Connected Devices ranging from:
- PlayStation 3/4
- Xbox One (UWP)
- Samsung Smart TVs (Orsay and Tizen)
- LG Smart TVs (Netcast and WebOS)
- Have experience with media and entertainment applications
- Are familiar with Apple’s HLS
- Feel comfortable using Git
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.