Commercial Manager – ESPN Spain
This position is responsible for all commercial aspects of ESPN in Spain, with a focus on delivering advertising revenue across our wholly owned digital websites.
ESPN operate a suite of digital sites and platforms, which this person will be responsible for maximising sales revenue on.
In addition this person will be responsible for generating international advertising and sponsorship revenue from clients and agencies based in the region. This includes ESPN’s multi region multi-platform network globally.
They will formulate, plan and implement local strategies to maximize advertising sales revenue, ensuring all targets are met and exceeded across these properties. This person will be responsible for building excellent relationships with key clients and agencies based within the region.
In addition to monetizing our existing commercial ventures, this person will raise the overall brand profile through strategic marketing partnerships and tactical marketing initiatives with local partners. This could involve working with ESPN editorial on website localisation, JV opportunities with local digital sport brands or digital content sales with local telcos.
We are looking for a well-rounded commercial leader with a proven track record of sales success. This person must be a self-starter that is able to think strategically with senior level relationships across the territory.
ResponsibilitiesEnsure advertising sales revenue targets are achieved and exceeded. Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Sales Director to formulate and implement sales strategy designed to maximize revenue and minimize unsold advertising/sponsorship inventory.
- This includes the management of current sales representation partners in the region.
- Forecasting (accurate and on time).
- Implementation of sales policy.
- Generation of sales messaging through close working relationship with research team.
- Working closely with Client Solutions Department to build excellent sales packages to sell events and to build outstanding ideas/media solutions for our key clients/agencies.
- Generating excellent client and agency relationships within the region
- Generate an enthusiasm/knowledge/excitement of ESPN’s digital product offering in the marketplace.
- Work closely with programmatic partners to maximize revenue.
- Grow international revenue from multi national local clients. This includes the need to build client relationships at the most senior level.
Digital Development/Content Sales
- Explore site growth opportunities.
- Explore joint venture opportunities.
- Explore digital content sales opportunities.
New business development/Strategic partnerships:
- Formulate an action plan for the growth of alternative revenue streams.
- Work with line manager and VP & GM EMEA on growth and acquisition strategy for the region.
- Raise the brand profile in the region through strategic marketing partnerships and tactical marketing initiatives around key sporting events.
- Excellent understanding and experience of Spain marketplace.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong agency and client contacts at a senior level.
- Well known within the industry.
- A passion for and strong knowledge of sports.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organisational abilities.
- Excellent financial forecasting and reporting skills.
- Customer care and quality focused.
- Proven record of success in a sales organization, across multi platform sales.
- Ability to think laterally and develop creative sales solutions.