Technology Sourcing Professional Internship, Corp. Summer/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Sourcing Specialist Intern will be a part of a team responsible for Technology Sourcing & Procurement activities, with a focus on client management, category management, and supplier management, in support of The Walt Disney Company. This individual will work as part of the Segment Sourcing team partnering on and supporting TWDC sourcing initiatives that achieve value without compromising business strategy and performance. This is a cross-functional team responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing and contractual arrangements with preferred suppliers.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
The Sourcing Specialist internship represents a unique opportunity to assist with projects in our Sourcing and
Procurement department which includes:
- Performing data analysis to identify opportunities for cost reduction and value creation
- Performing liaison work between Sourcing and key clients, ensuring efficient supply chain methods
- Providing support for sourcing projects, including data analysis and supplier interface
- Facilitating supplier presentations
- Developing and executing eRFIs/eRFQs/eRFPs
- Participating in supplier negotiations
- Performing external market assessment and opportunity analysis
- Developing and managing stakeholder and supplier relationships and contract implementations
- Developing and executing sourcing strategies in alignment with business initiatives and priorities.
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects to completion with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor, focused, articulate and well organized
Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain or Business Economics Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Orlando, FL area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, an equal opportunity employer.