Talent Acquisition Marketing & Social Media Intern, Corp - Sum/Fall 18
Can you imagine jump-starting your career in an internship that encourages you to challenge the status quo? Do you want to be part of attracting the next generation of talent Disney is known for? Are you ready to take the skills you’ve learned in the classroom and apply them to real-world hands-on work experience? That’s what we’re looking for in our next Talent Acquisition Marketing Undergraduate Associate.
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
As part of Global Talent Acquisition Marketing, you will be part of a team of creative individuals working with the recruitment organization to attract and engage top talent to a Company known for creating magical experiences for children of all ages. We bring the Disney employment story to life by pulling back the curtain to showcase what a career with Disney is really like. Now is your opportunity to be part of the Disney legacy by joining our collaborative and innovative team!
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
The Talent Acquisition Marketing & Social Media Intern will act as the executor of integrated recruitment marketing campaigns in support of The Walt Disney Company globally. This person organizes and activates the TWDC employment brand initiatives under the direction of the Manager, Account Management. As part of our team, you will make an impact through your project management abilities, a strategic mind-set, creative writing skills, passion for social media and help the team pull them all together to provide a clear and cohesive plan.
- Share what the magic of working with Disney is really like by pulling back the curtain to showcase our culture, environment, work and opportunities via our social media, blogs and digital media channels
- Collaborate with the team to help ensure we tell our employment story in the most innovative and creative ways
- Execute media plan components such as marketing ad placements and job postings by coordinating with Clients, Design & Communications partners, and/or Vendors
- Coordinate photo & video shoots and conference strategy components by developing timelines, coordinating with Talent/Vendors, and arranging logistics
- Collaborate closely with Account Manager, Creative Designers, Communication Specialists, and Recruitment Leaders to execute project plans designed to meet the staffing objectives for The Walt Disney Company globally
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Prior experience in marketing, communications, or social media
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects in an efficient manner to meet all deadlines
- Demonstrated written communication experience with strong verbal skills
- Demonstrated innovative thinking and problem solving skills
- Talent to write in varying tones, voices and styles in order to meet the appetite of our diverse audience and the varying social platforms we market on
- Passionate and knowledgeable about social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and SnapChat with a strong desire to continue learning in order to stay on top of trends and emerging platforms
- Proven computer proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of working on a MAC
- Knowledge of Recruitment Marketing as a business area
- Experience in shooting and editing video that helps bring content to life
- A passion and eye for photography and its best use for Social Media
- Effective communication style that adapts to various audiences such as executives, leadership, client areas, external agencies/ vendors and peers
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related majors/experiences
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
This position is with Disney HR Strat & Srvces, an equal opportunity employer.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Internship may be located in Orlando, FL, Burbank, CA, OR Bristol, CT
- Must be able to provide own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age