Senior Accounting Associate
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Revenue Operations is the organization within the controllership that ensures the accuracy and timeliness of revenue recognition. They verify settlement data from front-of-house (point of sale) systems to SAP (general ledger) is complete, accurate and properly classified. The team completes daily audits validating interfaces and revenue entries in SAP. Revenue Ops is responsible for issue resolution working with Financial Systems & Operations to resolve interface, configuration & operational errors. We partner with partner with Advisory & Assurance and Operations to identify & correct issues & broken processes. Responsibilities
- Daily verify sales and settlements pass from Front of House (FOH) to SAP, and are properly recorded in SAP
- Research and resolve any exceptions with the appropriate business partner (i.e. Cash teams, Financial Systems, etc.)
- Create journal entries to classify and allocate amounts to the appropriate GL accounts, as needed
- Support system development efforts through user acceptance testing
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to standard operating procedures, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, and Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements
- Ensure adequate internal controls are adhered to in all Sales Audit and account reconciliation processes
- Comply with accounting policies, supporting the overall business goals of the Company
- Provide assistance and expertise to internal partners to help interpret financial transactions that are part of their revenue stream
- Learn the sales revenue process and how it impacts financial reporting and the general ledger
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and critical thinking/analytical skills;
- Demonstrated strong partnering, influencing and networking skills;
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently handle high volume work in a deadline driven environment;
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule;
- Proficient with SAP, Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated strong coaching and mentoring skills;
- Demonstrated continuous improvement process skills
- 0-2 years experience in related field
- The Revenue Operations Associate is expected to complete their daily work with little to no supervisions required. Many system issues or exceptions could be researched and resolved on their own. More complicated matters would be raised to their leadership.
- Some judgment is involved in the daily work in deciding how to handle exceptions. However, this judgment is generally exercised on items of low significance.
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is both strategic and creative, and which requires rapid learning, multitasking and prioritizing under tight deadlines
- Job is primarily a desk environment, however responsibilities may include occasional walking, standing, and lifting or carrying items up to 25lbs.
- Internship Preferred
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Accounting, Finance or Business Admin
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.