Partner's Federal Credit Union HR Internship - Summer/Fall 2018
Partners Federal Credit Union Human Resources Internship - Summer/Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Human Resources and Training department adds value on an individual and organizational level by attracting, educating, supporting, and recognizing talent. We serve the Partners Cast during their career life cycle through professional development and relationship management. We equip others to discover their “why” enabling them to deliver on the Partners’ mission and vision.
ResponsibilitiesMake an Impact by...
- Providing functional support by researching problems and following up with end users to ensure their needs are met
- Answering a large volume of phone calls, emails
- Completing HR related projects in support of the organization
- Supporting HR-specific systems along with providing support to all levels of employees across the company for all products delivered through the company’s learning, talent management, and employee HR system of record
- Ability to manage conflict, partner, communicate professionally, be flexible, and able to prioritize and multi-task while working in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment, and with Microsoft Office applications, with the willingness to learn new software applications
- Proven business acumen, including strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Exemplary consulting and member service skills
- Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to research information and effectively leverage resources
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners
- Proven experience using either SAP, Learning Management System, or Knowledge Management systems
- Strong understanding of Employment Law including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, and FMLA
- Knowledge of Labor Law
- Strong understanding of Employment Law including Title Vll, ADA, ADEA, and FMLA
- Demonstrated documentation or publishing skills (job aids, training manuals)
- Current undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Human Resources or a closely related field
- Current graduate student pursuing a degree in Human Resources or a closely related field
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This internship is based in Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.