Graphic Design Intern (Mandarin/Cantonese Skills) – Summer/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
At Global Talent Acquisitions Marketing, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Talent Acquisition Marketing constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
As the Creative Design Intern you will support all creative strategies set forth by the Global Recruitment Marketing Creative Team on behalf of the Walt Disney Company recruitment online communities and marketing initiatives both domestic and global under the Marketing Center of Excellence.
You will design projects such as ads, fliers, postcards, posters, and electronic materials such as static Web pages, buttons, banners, presentations, promotions, motion graphics and social video development. The Creative Design intern will also ensure the proper management of creative assets, collect photography to be used on various social media platforms, and participate in team brainstorming, input meetings and creative reviews.
- Support recruitment marketing efforts through the execution of various graphic design projects such as ads, fliers, postcards, posters, and electronic materials such as static Web pages, buttons, banners, presentations, and promotions
- Creation of media pieces as set forth by the design team
- Partner with functional counterparts throughout the Recruitment Marketing team to coordinate the development and implementation of all initiatives designed to meet the staffing objectives for The Walt Disney Company globally
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Language skills in Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, PowerPoint and Acrobat
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects in an efficient manner to meet all deadlines
- Proven ability to partner effectively and work in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated innovative thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to partner effectively and work in team environment
- Knowledge of working on a MAC
- Proven knowledge of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts products and services
- Proven knowledge of Flash and Dreamweaver applications
- Proven knowledge of Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro
- Experience or interest in video editing and creation of motion graphics and animated gifs
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications, Graphic Design or closely related field
- Coursework or previous experience in video editing, motion graphics, and/or digital media
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
This position is with Disney HR Strat & Srvces, an equal opportunity employer. Additional Information
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours for the duration of the internship
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Orlando area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.**