Videographer and Editor Internship, Corp Comm - Summer/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Disney Corporate Creative Resources is an internal, full-service agency with graphics, design, digital, video and live event divisions serving the Corporate segment of The Walt Disney Company.
ResponsibilitiesAs the Videographer/Video Editing Intern you will have the opportunity to:
- Support video production (videography, graphics, music) and editing activities using industry standard applications
- Film using HD and DSLR cameras in both studio and on site environments
- Utilizes your studio and set skills including lighting and audio
- Assist in managing digital media assets
- Contribute graphic design for a variety of digital mediums including video web shows, sizzle reels and title cards
Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- A well-developed understanding and previous experience with video production (documentary / news / interview style shooting)
- Demonstrated motion graphics skills and familiarity with motion graphics software
- Proficiency in the following Mac applications: Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and video conversion applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with various other video formats and applications
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Experience with scripting, lighting and audio
- Subject matter expert in video trends
- Conversant in the Disney content landscape and issues including technology trends for digital media distribution platforms
- Knowledge of Disney history and corporate structure
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree or recent graduate of Media, Visual Communications, Video Production, Film Production or similar program.
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationAdditional Recruitment Information:
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends or holidays.
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Glendale, CA area
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Materials Required: Samples of videography/editing work
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.**