Substitute Teacher (RP)
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Responsibilities
- Substitute move from classroom to classroom to cover any open teaching position that occurs when a regularly assigned teacher is absent.
- The Staffing Supervisor will schedule substitute teaching assistants on an as-needed basis and will determine placement within the various classrooms.
- Substitute will be guaranteed a minimum four-hour shift with a 15 minute break.
- Substitute will be rotated between both the Burbank and the Glendale facilities.
- Substitute will be rotated between the classrooms, giving each substitute an opportunity to work with all age groups (from infants through preschool).
- Every effort will be made to maintain consistency in scheduling. However, a substitute may occasionally be required to work in several different classrooms during the course of his/her scheduled shift.
- Support the philosophy of the Disney Children’s Center and all its policies, practices, and guidelines.
- Protect the confidentiality of all records and information concerning children, their families, and Center staff members.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Previous experience working with children from infant through preschool stages preferred
- Minimum experience working with children 6 weeks of age through 5 years of age in either a voluntary or paid position
- Prefer experience working in an Infant/Toddler or Preschool setting
- Must possess a strong desire to work with young children
- Must be consistently available to work two or three days per week
- Must be flexible with regard to hours
- Must be in good health and shall be physically and mentally capable of performing the assigned tasks
- Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening, including a test for tuberculosis, performed by or under the supervision of a physician
- The health screening report must indicate the person’s ability to meet any physical qualifications necessary to perform the assigned duties
- The health screening must also indicate the presence of any health condition that would create a hazard to the person, or to the children and/or other staff members at the Center
- Must be able to lift and carry a child weighing up to 50 pounds away from a potentially dangerous situation during an emergency that may/may not include an evacuation
- Must have the ability to act quickly and appropriately in hazardous situations and to provide first aid in emergency situations
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.