Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing Professional Services
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Sourcing & Procurement (S&P) team is part of The Walt Disney Company’s Integrated Supply Chain Management (ISCM) organization, which supports the development and operation of supply chains that enable all business segments enterprise-wide to achieve their business objectives while protecting and enhancing the brands of The Walt Disney Company. S&P contributes to the broader ISCM objectives through the use of a systematic approach to managing the acquisition of goods and services that meet or exceed stakeholders’ strategic and operational requirements at the optimal commercial terms.
The Senior Manager will be:
- A founding member of the Professional Services Center of Excellence, a first-of-its-kind approach to category sourcing across The Walt Disney Company, emphasizing Supplier Relationship Management, Data & Analytics, and Process & Best Practices to help generate measurable, incremental strategic, operational, and financial value from the sourcing of professional services.
- Part of a global team whose mission is to successfully execute strategic sourcing engagements and strategic planning activities within the broad scope of spend supported by the Professional Services team.
- Accountable individually, as a team member, and/or as a project leader of both dedicated and virtual teams, for a portfolio of projects spanning the full strategic sourcing lifecycle – from planning and strategizing through sourcing and negotiation.
- Expected to leverage cross-functional teams to successfully execute strategic sourcing initiatives that contribute to meeting operational and financial targets established prior to the start of each year.
- Responsible for helping develop and coach direct reports and other team members to enable them to expand their individual capabilities and the overall capacity of the Sourcing & Procurement team.
- Interfacing with multiple levels of leadership and contributors across all segments of The Walt Disney Company.
- Support the ongoing development and execution of the Professional Services Center of Excellence through efforts related to SRM, data & analytics, and process & best practices.
- Nurture stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business requirements and providing strategic and tactical sourcing services that meet or exceed their expectations. Foster a collaborative environment among stakeholders and with other S&P teams that support them. Maintain strong relationships across various functions (e.g., operations, finance, legal, etc.), demonstrate the value-add of leveraging S&P processes and methods, and build enthusiasm and support for their adoption.
- Effectively and efficiently lead and/or support cross-functional teams of direct reports, virtual team members, and stakeholders through full life-cycle professional services sourcing projects, including project planning & management, analysis & strategy, supplier evaluation & selection, negotiation, and implementation.
- Participate in the joint management of the overall professional services category, including, for example, maintaining/ updating strategy in accordance with business objectives; proactively seeking ways to leverage strategies to derive incremental value from projects; and facilitating development of lessons learned to further evolve category or subcategory strategies. Provide input and guidance to other team members responsible for components of the overall professional services category strategy.
- Coach and develop direct reports including, for example, providing direction, guidance and performance management input; encouraging and facilitating internal skill/capability development; maintaining an environment that supports career growth and development; and mentoring them on best practices, process improvement opportunities, strategy development, sourcing processes, and similar.
- Manage team-related and administrative activities including, for example, participating in the Annual Operating Plan process, periodically updating project status reports and ensuring projects of your direct reports are clear and current; entering and maintaining timely, accurate project information in project and savings tracking system, including forecasts; and fulfilling ad hoc requests from S&P leadership and Procurement Operations on a timely basis
- Ten years of relevant experience, which may include, for example: a) sourcing and procurement of professional services or similar, b) experience in a related discipline with exposure to or experience in sourcing of professional services-related products and services, c) business development experience identifying, analyzing, and building relationships with suppliers of IT, Financial, and/or Business Consulting services, d) management consulting focusing on strategy, operations/supply chain/logistics, technology and/or finance.
- Minimum of five years at the team lead or project management level
- Minimum of four years with two or more direct reports
- Ability to employ strategic analytical models (e.g., Porter's 5 forces)
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing/Procurement or Supply Chain Management/Logistics processes
- Ability to lead a team successfully through strategic sourcing engagements that include complicated analysis, strategy development, negotiation and implementation
- Proven ability to build relationships/partnerships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Proven ability to navigate complex organizations and thrive in a collaborative environment that is dependent on proactive communication to ensure the engagement of all necessary internal stakeholders
- Superior written and verbal communication skills customizable to meet multiple audience needs (e.g., peers, clients, executives and suppliers)
- Ability to work with different communication as well as leadership styles
- Exemplary financial and/or operational modeling and analytical skills and demonstrated critical thinking and strategic thinking capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross functional teams
- Ability to conceptualize issues and problems and develop hypotheses around appropriate responses
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams through a change management initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and professional commitment to excellence
- Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
- Seven or more years at the team lead or project management level
- Experience working at or with a Fortune 100 company
- Experience in Media and Entertainment Industry
- Experience working with a global team on a regular basis
- Experience with Ariba or other eProcurement tools
- Experience with SAP or other ERP
- Deep understanding of and experience with external market analysis, particularly in the technology arena
- Familiarity with Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) or other Managed Services offerings, such as Infrastructure or Application Development & Maintenance.
- Technical and/or market expertise in one or more relevant areas of technology that leverage outside professional services, such as digital content management, application development and/or maintenance, service-based solutions, infrastructure management, social media platforms, customer relationship management, etc.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or similar certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, technology, engineering, or an analytical field of study
- MBA degree and/or Master's degree in supply chain, technology, engineering, or an analytical field of study
Company Overview At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.